Hello @Q-bertsuit Greetings! Thank you for posting this question and we are glad you are looking forward to this feature.
The delta update has few requirements pertaining to the file format. Please find the details below.
- The source and target update files must be SWU (SWUpdate) format.
- Within each SWUpdate file, there must be a raw image that uses the Ext2, Ext3, or Ext4 filesystem. That image can be compressed with gzip or zstd.
- The delta generation process recompresses the target SWU update using zstd compression in order to produce an optimal delta. You'll import this recompressed target SWU update to the Device Update service along with the generated delta update file.
- Within SWUpdate on the device, zstd decompression must also be enabled.
- This requires using SWUpdate 2019.11 or later.
Unfortunately, this feature cannot be used with arbitrary file types now. Is there any specific file format that you are planning to test this feature with?
Kindly note that Delta updates is fully functional today, and the product team is interested in getting more customer feedback to address any potential issues before tagging it as GA. We would love to get your feedback on the delta update functionality and get to know any issues you have encountered as you test it out.
- Kindly mark the answer as useful if the response is helpful so that it would benefit other community members facing the same issue.
- Original posters help the community find answers faster by identifying the correct answer. Here is how
- I highly appreciate your contribution to the community.