Spring cloud gateway application to authenticate downstream services with Azure AD Api authentication
I would like to how Authentication for downstream services will work with Azure AD Authentication. I was wondering if there is a solution available in Azure AD to perform authentication in Spring Cloud Gateway at the routing level. My service is on premise and I m using Azure AD for authentication only.
If possible, could you please share any relevant documentation or samples related to this topic? I would greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter.
Thank you for your post and I apologize for the delayed response!
I'm not too familiar with the Spring Cloud Gateway Application, but from your issue I understand that you're looking for documentation or samples that can help point you in the right direction, when it comes to integrating your Spring Cloud Gateway App with Azure AD for authentication - I found a few articles that should help and will share them below.
Spring Boot Starter for Azure Active Directory developer's guide
- The Spring Boot Starter for Azure AD enables you to connect your web application to an Azure AD tenant and protect your resource server with Azure AD. It uses the Oauth 2.0 protocol to protect web applications and resource servers.
Secure your REST API using Spring Cloud Azure
- This tutorial shows you how to enable REST APIs protection with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) in a Spring Boot application.
Add sign-in with Azure Active Directory account to a Spring web app
- This shows you how to develop a Spring web app which supports sign-in by Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) account. The web app will redirect to the Azure AD sign-in page when it's been accessed anonymously.
- Azure Active Directory integrations with authentication protocols
- Add sign-in with Azure Active Directory B2C to a Spring web app
I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Sign in to comment
I just wanted to check in and see if you had any other questions or if you were able to resolve this issue?