Expand an Azure Managed Disk - Resize without downtime for windows VM not working
disk size:127 GiB
storage type: Premium SSD LBS
Operating System windows
@Yatindra Mishra Thanks for reaching out on Microsoft Q&A.
It looks like you are trying to expand the managed disk attached to Azure VM.
Can you please elaborate on what steps you are following to achieve it without downtime and when you say, it is not working, are you seeing any errors?
Please share the url of the documentation (if any) you are following to achieve this.
If you are following this documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/expand-os-disk#expand-without-downtime , make sure that none of the limitations applies to you.
Expand without downtime feature has the following limitations:
- Only supported for data disks.
- If a disk is 4 TiB or less, you should deallocate your VM and detach the disk before expanding it beyond 4 TiB. If a disk is already greater than 4 TiB, you can expand it without deallocating the VM and detaching the disk.
- Not supported for Ultra disks or Premium SSD v2 disks.
- Not supported for shared disks.
- Install and use either:
- The latest Azure CLI
- The latest Azure PowerShell module
- The Azure portal
- Or an Azure Resource Manager template with an API version that's
- Not available on some classic VMs. Use this script to get a list of classic VM SKUs that support expanding without downtime.
Share what errors you are seeing on following this doc: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/expand-os-disk#resize-a-managed-disk-in-the-azure-portal
@Yatindra Mishra Checking in to see if the comment above helped.
If you have any questions, please share the requested details in the "comments" and we would be happy to help you.
Sign in to comment