Hello, @David Lenhardt ! Thank you very much for the update! This is a popular question so I'm going to include some additional information for anyone who may run into this. If you get a moment, please consider accepting answer to increase visibility.
Why am I receiving a
Required information is missing or not valid error when deploying a VM?
When deploying VMs, overlooking a required field or skipping VNET selection/creation in the Networking tab are common causes.
Check tabs with an X to confirm that all required information has been filled out:
There are scenarios, however, where you may be unable to select a required field:
- Make sure that you have the required permissions (RBAC) for deployment of the configuration you are attempting to deploy.
- There have been reports of brief issues on our end which need to be addressed.
- Make sure the VM has a valid VNET.
- Required information error when attempting to deploy cloud resources to region
- Unable to select subscription
Thank you again for the update! This is a popular question so please take a moment to accept answers.
If you still have questions, please let us know what is needed in the comments. Thank you for helping to improve Microsoft Q&A!