Custom Domains not validating on Static Web App

Theodor Nygård 5 Reputation points

Good day!

Having added 2 custom domains to my Static Web App, they have both been "Validating" for 72+ hours

Using Powershell "Resolve-DNSname -type TXT" I can see the correct TXT record, same records are visible via MXToolBox. I have also confirmed that the correct value is matched to the corresponding domain entry.

Before this I tried on a different app for 48 hours, which I deleted and retried with the current one hoping it would make a difference.

Any ideas how to kickstart or troubleshoot this further?

User's image

Azure Static Web Apps
Azure Static Web Apps
An Azure service that provides streamlined full-stack web app development.
776 questions
{count} votes

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Theodor Nygård 5 Reputation points

    Figured it out!
    It was the CAA record stopping the validation, had to add for it to go through

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. VenkateshDodda-MSFT 18,946 Reputation points Microsoft Employee

    @Theodor Nygård Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A, apologize for any inconvenience caused on this.

    Edited: copying the answer posted by Theodor Nygård to benefit the community member.
    "It was the CAA record stopping the validation, had to add for it to go through" Thanks for sharing the solution with the community. 

    I see you are trying to add subdomain and apex domain of same domain to static webapps.

    As mentioned in the documentation, if you are trying to add the subdomain ( then you need to add the CName record instead of TXT record in your DNS zone and for apex domain ( you need to add TXT and ALIAS record in your DNS zone.

    Can you retry adding the CNAME record for subdomain and TXT, ALIAS record for APEX domain and let us know if you are still facing the issue.

    0 comments No comments

  3. Animesh Banerjee 0 Reputation points

    I'm facing the same issue except I'm using Azure DNS.

    0 comments No comments