Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Q&A platform.
You can expand azure VM's data disks only without deallocating your VM. This feature has the following limitations:
- Only supported for data disks.
- If a disk is 4 TiB or less, you should deallocate your VM and detach the disk before expanding it beyond 4 TiB. If a disk is already greater than 4 TiB, you can expand it without deallocating the VM and detaching the disk.
- Not supported for Ultra disks or Premium SSD v2 disks.
- Not supported for shared disks.
- Install and use either:
- Not available on some classic VMs. Use this script to get a list of classic VM SKUs that support expanding without downtime.
In your case, the disk is smaller in size, and If the /hana/backup is on OS disk, it is not possible expand the disk without downtime. You need to follow below document link for steps to expand the disk and resize the required partition where your filesystem resides.
If the answer provided has helped, please "Accept Answer" and click on Yes for "was this answer helpful" wherever the information provided helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members