@Brendan Yee - Thanks for the question and using MS Q&A platform.
The error message you are seeing indicates that there was an issue launching the datascan process during the scan. This could be caused by a number of factors, such as network connectivity issues, misconfigured credentials, or insufficient resources on the VM hosting the SHIR.
Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check the network connectivity between the SHIR and the Databricks workspace. Make sure that the SHIR can connect to the workspace and that there are no firewall rules blocking the connection.
- Verify that the credentials used to connect to the Databricks workspace are correct and have sufficient permissions to access the metadata.
- Check the logs for the datascan process to see if there are any error messages that can provide more information about the issue. You can find the logs in the SHIR logs directory.
- Make sure that the VM hosting the SHIR has sufficient resources (CPU, memory, disk space) to run the datascan process.
- If the issue persists, you can try deleting and recreating the SHIR to see if that resolves the issue.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may open a support ticket for further assistance.