Hi everyone, would appreciate some Exchange expertise and advice into a weird problem we are facing post migration.
We recently migrated users from SBS2011 to Exchange 2019. Everything is working except when users try to create subfolders within Public Folders. The error is
There is no error or issue if we try to move an email into the Public folders or any of the subfolders.
We also noticed that sometimes when we try to browse into the Public folder, we would be greeted with another error:
- First thing we checked was permissions - users had "Owner" rights to the public folders. We tried removing and re-adding the permissions via GUI and Powershell but that made no difference
- Made sure that users were using latest version of Outlook, which they were.
- Created new Outlook profile, but made no difference.
- We created a new user, granted the user "Owner" rights and tried to create subfolders - but same issue. However, we did notice that sometimes the subfolder would be created, even if we received an error.
- Followed steps listed in Can't expand or add public folders in Outlook or OWA but was not relevant.
- Followed steps listed in How to diagnose and fix public folder permission issues , but at step 2c, there was no error, and all commands worked, showing that the user had Owner rights.
If anyone has any idea what is going on or how we can isolate the problem, that would be great. Some information about the PF and structure below: