I work at a university and we have a fleet of laptops that are available for student checkout. I am told in the past prior to Windows 11 the students were able to logon to the laptop using their email as the user name even if they never logged into the the laptop before. Sometime in the fall this functionality broke and now the work around is to connect to the wired network first and have the student log in. I am not sure exactly what broke this functionality but I need to get it working again. We are using WPA-2 Enterprise and AES and using PEAP as the authentication method with MSCHAPv2 as the EAP authentication method. We are not pushing machine certs to the workstations at this point.
Any thoughts on what to look at to get this working? You can connect manually and the laptop will connect and authenticate to our NAC.
Thank you.