cannot add account to my profile at Microsoft Learn

Anonymous
2023-12-14T22:17:28+00:00

On my Microsoft Learn Account Management page (at learn.microsoft.com), it says "Linking a personal account will allow you to access your learning progress regardless of your employment status." I am trying to do this as it currently says "No linked accounts." Every time I click on +Add Account it takes me back to my Microsoft login. After I log in, it brings me back to the same Accounts Management page which still says "No linked accounts." This just kept going in an endless circle, so I submitted this issue as a question and followed the automated advice which said "If you are experiencing an issue where clicking on "+Add Account" takes you to your Microsoft login and then back to the same Accounts Management page, try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser." So I did that, and it made no difference - still just goes in an endless circle. A second response said "If you receive a message saying "you're about to merge these two profiles," it means the account you're linking already has a registered profile." I did not receive such a message, I just keep getting taken back to the Microsoft login again and then back to the Accounts Management page as described above. Any advice on how to resolve this? I apologize if this ends up in the wrong location, but the choices under "Select the most appropriate product and topics below to help your post be seen by the right community experts" doesn't include anything related to Microsoft Learn.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Reported
    Anonymous
    2023-12-15T01:08:59+00:00

    On my Microsoft Learn Account Management page (at learn.microsoft.com), it says "Linking a personal account will allow you to access your learning progress regardless of your employment status." I am trying to do this as it currently says "No linked accounts." Every time I click on +Add Account it takes me back to my Microsoft login. After I log in, it brings me back to the same Accounts Management page which still says "No linked accounts." This just kept going in an endless circle, so I submitted this issue as a question and followed the automated advice which said "If you are experiencing an issue where clicking on "+Add Account" takes you to your Microsoft login and then back to the same Accounts Management page, try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser." So I did that, and it made no difference - still just goes in an endless circle. A second response said "If you receive a message saying "you're about to merge these two profiles," it means the account you're linking already has a registered profile." I did not receive such a message, I just keep getting taken back to the Microsoft login again and then back to the Accounts Management page as described above. Any advice on how to resolve this? I apologize if this ends up in the wrong location, but the choices under "Select the most appropriate product and topics below to help your post be seen by the right community experts" doesn't include anything related to Microsoft Learn.

    This Community has nothing to do with Microsoft Learn.

    Here is a link to where you register for it: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/

    If you continue to have problems:

    I suggest that you ask Microsoft for further information.

    "Microsoft office locations around the world"

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/worldwide.aspx

    "Global Customer Service phone numbers"

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13948/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

    0 comments No comments