Error code (0x800f020b)

Anonymous
2020-10-09T01:53:07+00:00

I am getting the below message while updating in Win 10. I do not know why the update is not being installed automatically

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800f020b)

Hewett Packard-USB- 46.2.2631.18152

Installing-0%

Hewett Packard-USB- 46.2.2631.18152

Pending Install

The above messages are shown. The update is not getting installed and shows pending installation

Can someone guide me the reason with solution to resolve

Thank you

DR Rao.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

15 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-09T02:18:40+00:00

    Hi D. I'm Greg, an installation specialist, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, and Volunteer Moderator, here to help you.

    Do you have a Laserjet printer? If so go to the HP Downloads page here for your exact printer model: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers to download and install the latest full software for your printer which should resolve the problem with the Update failing to install.

    Otherwise I'll give you everything possible for fixing failed Windows Updates, so that at least something will work. Even if you've tried a step, please do it over in sequence. Report back any steps that cannot be performed and why:

    Some Updates will sort themselves out in a few days so I'd wait to see. If not or they are bothering you then here are steps you can take:

    1. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter from Windows Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
    2. There is a new guided walk-through from Microsoft for repairing Windows Update that leads up to resetting components if necessary: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/.... Try running that first.
    3. Type Services in Search box, run Services app as Administrator, open Windows Update Service and Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Stop both.

    Press “Windows (flag) key + R,” copy and paste C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ press the Enter button.

    This folder has all the files related to Windows updates.

    Open the “Download” folder, select and delete all the files.

    Restart Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer services in Services app by opening both and choosing Start.

    1. If that fails try manually resetting Windows Update Service with the commands here:

    https://www.how2fixerror.com/manually-reset-win...

    1. You can also install the Updates manually that fail to install, which are logged at Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Installed Update History, and then search for those to download and install from this Catalog: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search...
    2. If they continue to fail and interfere, then you can block them using one of these methods: https://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent...
    3. If problems with Updates have become chronic and especially if you have other performance problems, go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

    Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files, and also Step 16 to test a new Local Admin account. Then continue with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.

    1. If you have an older version or if nothing else works then while I am here to help you I would manually upgrade to the latest version by opening the Media Creation Tool from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m..., choose Download Tool Now, then open the tool and choose Upgrade This PC Now. This saves your files, apps and most settings in place, is the most stable method to change versions, brings your Updates current, resolves most problems.

    If any problems report back the verbatim error and number, then continue with these steps for overcoming Version Upgrade problems: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted. If you'll wait to rate whether my post helped you, I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-03T23:51:20+00:00

    "Xerox - Extension - 7.208.0.0 Failed to install - 0x800f020b"

    It is not just for HP. I get this error EVERY DAY!!

    I have uninistalled / re-installed the latest driver for my Xerox Phaser 6510, and this error WILL NOT CEASE despite have on one day in the middle of these errors reported that it was successfully installed. Manually retrying the install simply adds another instance of failure to the list.

    Since it effects multiple printers and those who do not have the error message's mentioned printer it would appear the fault lies with Microsloth who doesn't give a **** about you so don't expect a fix anytime soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-16T18:12:12+00:00

    Mr Jim

    I am tired to see every time this error on the Windows update page. It is so annoying to see whenever we check for Windows 10 updates.

    What is the solution to eliminate this error permanently and who is responsible it it MS or HP. Either of them has to resolve this issue permanently.

    I hope you agree with my views.

    DR Rao

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-06T18:55:51+00:00

    I am also getting this same error message (0x800f020b) for Xerox Extension 7.208.0.0. I also have a XEROX 6510. I have checked the installed updates and this update has already successfully installed. Windows update is continually trying to install an already installed update. I just ignore the message. All my drivers and other printer software is up to date and my printer is functioning just fine. This is a Windows Update problem in that it is not recognizing the already installed update.

    Just ignore the message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-16T16:04:31+00:00

    I am also seeing problem with Windows Update continuing to push the same HP drivers as shown above, every day, even though they are already installed on the Windows 10 Versions 1909 computer.

    Clicking Install now does not help, the same updates appear the next day on Windows Update. This has been going on for days now. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments