Error code (0x800f020b)

Anonymous
2020-10-09T01:53:07+00:00

I am getting the below message while updating in Win 10. I do not know why the update is not being installed automatically

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800f020b)

Hewett Packard-USB- 46.2.2631.18152

Installing-0%

Hewett Packard-USB- 46.2.2631.18152

Pending Install

The above messages are shown. The update is not getting installed and shows pending installation

Can someone guide me the reason with solution to resolve

Thank you

DR Rao.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

15 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-26T18:21:12+00:00

    We’ve been running into this exact problem on a handful of workstations. All are traced back to HP printers that have HP’s USB drivers loaded and talking to the printer locally.  We’ve been successful uninstalling the printer (disconnect, uninstall, go into the printer ports and delete the port), then updating Windows fully, reboot, reinstall printer using latest HP download.  Other way is to go into Windows Updates and tell Updates to hide those HP – USB driver updates. Then update Windows.  Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-10T01:34:20+00:00

    Hi again DR.

    I'm not sure what you're waiting for to do by itself. The most basic thing we need to learn to maintain a PC is how to keep the latest manufacturer's drivers current. Windows drivers are rarely enough.

    See here how to download and install HP Printer drivers:

    https://store.hp.com/us/en/tech-takes/how-to-do...

    Keep me posted on your progress.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-10T00:12:00+00:00

    Mr Greg,  

    Thank u for your advice. I am waiting for couple of days , as you rightly indicated me to wait, before I download, as it may get itself installed . Sometimes another message is displayed saying that my driver may be a better one and they will try with a different driver. As such I would like to wait. Hope you  agree with me. 

    If you suggest that there is no harm in downloading , I can do so. Just for my guidance, after download, then what should I do for its installation. Will it get installed automatically or do I have to do some other steps for installing the downloaded file.

    Perhaps you might have noted some more (+) options when you open the link, apart from downloads. Do I need to click any of the (+) marks also

    Pls guide me for which I am grateful to you

    Tks and regds

    DR Rao

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-09T19:34:10+00:00

    Hi DR Rao -

    It looks like the second download is if you also have M31 as the first download is the same except for that. So I'd install the 2nd one if you model does indeed say it's M28-M31 and nothing more specific.

    Make sure you also update the firmware if your printer needs it. Instructions are here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01711356

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-09T19:12:22+00:00

    Dear Mr Greg

    Thank u for your suggestion.AS advised, I accessed the Hp Printer page and its link is given below.

    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-mfp-m28-m31-printer-series/16647082

    When I opened the link I noted there are two downloads, it looks both are same. My laser Printer is HP Laser Jet Pro M28-M31.

    I do not know whether both are to be downloaded or only the second one . After downloading what is the next step for its installation.

    Grateful, if you could give steps after downloading. After download,  how to search for this downloaded file for installing

    Thank you for your cooperation

    Regds

    DR Rao

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments