1,875,466 questions

Sort by: Updated
2 answers

msedge.exe has 21 instances in startup applications

I have already turned off in browser but still this happening I have multiple entries in task manager autorun apps , after i disable one ,it comes new

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11
asked 2026-10-11T08:30:24.29+00:00
Deepak Kumar 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-11T09:10:30.2666667+00:00
DaveM121 (2) 16,745 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
1 answer

What Debugging Steps Should I Take

In a wpf application, there is one window (Transactions) that, when a use makes a ComBox selection, opens another window (Details) using this code: Dim win As New TransactionDetails With {.Owner = Me} If win.ShowDialog() Then SaveTransaction() The…

Developer technologies | Visual Studio | Debugging
asked 2026-10-10T10:49:18.34+00:00
RogerSchlueter-7899 1,801 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-11T09:07:06.89+00:00
0 answers

Clarification and Feature Request: Family Safety Screen Time During Lock, Sleep, and Hibernate

I am using Microsoft Family Safety to manage device screen time for my child and would appreciate clarification regarding how screen time is counted when a Windows PC is not actively being used. I have reviewed the available Family Safety documentation…

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Family and online safety
asked 2026-10-11T09:05:12.8433333+00:00
Richard Tai 0 Reputation points
10 answers

how do i get rid of the ''your windows version is out of date'' banner on gamebar?

its friggin huge, taking up about 1/3rd of each widget Anything will help. from a registry key to disable it to legit setting the banner to 0px height in its css file WHEREVER that may me I think there was ways to fix it before and it only appeared less…

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
asked 2026-10-05T11:58:17.6733333+00:00
Redstone Miner 0 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-11T09:05:26.8266667+00:00
Redstone Miner 0 Reputation points
4 answers

HOW TO FIX THE ERROR ATTACHED?

IM FACING AN ISSUE WITH MY EXCEL FILES I CAN NOT SAVE AS THE FILES AND THE FILE CLOSE ONCE I MAKE REPAIR > ATTACHED SCRENSHOT . THANK YOU

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Windows
asked 2026-10-11T07:54:11.2433333+00:00
jamal kamar 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-11T09:05:08.9233333+00:00
2 answers

How to remove work outlook account from windows that I can no longer Sign in at?

I have the old work Outlook account on my Windows with its OneDrive. It interferes with all the Microsoft apps; Windows takes that work account as the default for every MS application. I have tried to remove the account by following the guide, but…

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
asked 2026-10-11T07:50:26.5233333+00:00
Habiba Asif 20 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-11T09:04:34.1633333+00:00
1 answer

i had another microsoft account stolen via malware

I had a Microsoft account stolen via a token stealer, I have tried the recovery form but it is slow and is unclear if I need to replay to the escalation emails or submit another form. however, I have proof that I own the account via Microsoft family…

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
asked 2026-10-11T05:19:16.42+00:00
Drago DracoMan671 0 Reputation points
edited the question 2026-10-11T09:03:47.57+00:00
MartMcd 2,670 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
3 answers

How to recover all the Office 2016 registration keys purchased

Hello, I have a few old laptops and NUC computers that I had on them installed the Office 2016. I recently had to replace the harddrive (no recovery possible) and needed to reinstall Office 2016. I DO NOT WANT to install the Office 365. I just want to…

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other
asked 2026-10-09T10:56:01.57+00:00
NAFTALI HERSCOVICI 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-11T09:03:47.13+00:00
3 answers One of the answers was accepted by the question author.

Hold up, why is 21H2, 22H2 of Windows 11 currently gone?

Hold up, why is 21H2, 22H2 of Windows 11 currently gone? (To not think I'm using it, I use Windows 11 25H2 Home Single Language). I have just watched a video of all EOL messages and none of the surprised me, except for the Windows 11 21H2/ 22H2. Is this…

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
asked 2026-10-10T03:04:17.79+00:00
Huy Dat Nguyen 90 Reputation points
accepted 2026-10-11T09:03:28.7433333+00:00
Huy Dat Nguyen 90 Reputation points
2 answers

how to recover lost activation key

I am using new computer and I want to use microsoft office for new computer,but I lost my my activation key,how to recover back?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
asked 2026-10-11T08:07:05.2266667+00:00
黄应华 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-11T09:03:04.38+00:00
2 answers

CreateDirectory2W: is failure indicated by NULL or INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE?

I am reviewing a Win32 interop declaration for CreateDirectory2W and need to know the authoritative failure return value, before writing any code that acts on its returned handle. Microsoft Learn's CreateDirectory2W page declares a HANDLE return type and…

Windows development | Windows API - Win32
asked 2026-10-11T08:59:46.7366667+00:00
Massimo 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-11T09:02:47.7033333+00:00
Massimo 0 Reputation points
0 answers

Phone link is listing deleted or unwanted messages in the list, better filtering desired

I expected to see the exact listing from my "Messages" app in Phone link, but it decided to also list messages I put in the bin. I'd prefer they were also filtered like the messages in "Spam and blocked". Bonus points if the list…

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Connect Phone and PC
asked 2026-10-11T09:02:46.13+00:00
Peter Wiersig 0 Reputation points
1 answer

How to cancel Microsoft 365 Business Standard

I set up a trial for Microsoft 365 business standard last year and immediately asked to cancel as it didn’t have any features that were different to our family plan. However, it appears it was never cancelled and I have been charged ever since. You’ll…

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | MacOS
asked 2026-10-09T18:54:28.4866667+00:00
Rob Ellis 0 Reputation points
edited the question 2026-10-11T09:02:19.1933333+00:00
Stefan Blom 354K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
3 answers One of the answers was accepted by the question author.

how to fix the display settings on my browsers

when i open a browser my tabs always appear really big, I changed the display settings to recommended and turned the touch screen mode off and also changed the page zoom setting to %100 none of them worked and they become even bigger. I made a new user…

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics
asked 2026-09-09T16:24:13.89+00:00
susam 20 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-11T09:00:55.18+00:00
Arun Khanna 0 Reputation points
2 answers

How to use again one function of RAMMap. Gives crash and it goes to force restart !

RAMMap v1.63 Empty Working Sets does nothing on Windows 11 26H2 (build 26300.xxxx). Worked fine on 25H2 before the September 2026 quality update

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
asked 2026-10-01T23:17:45.76+00:00
ExoticGuest 0 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-11T08:59:27.6766667+00:00
ExoticGuest 0 Reputation points
2 answers

Many episodes of Edge and outlook every morning

When I sign on on the morning my computer is very slow. I see multiple Microsoft Ede and many outlooks so it takes along time to speed up. Is there anything I can do to help that? Tom Duncan

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
asked 2026-10-07T17:19:40.72+00:00
Tom Duncan 10 Reputation points
edited the question 2026-10-11T08:58:56.92+00:00
Stefan Blom 354K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
1 answer

Account Hacked

My account was just recently hacked about 30 minutes ago. the guy changed the email on the account and the phone number so now i have no way to even login into the account. is there anyway someone could email me and help me fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
asked 2026-10-11T08:57:24.86+00:00
jalon hall 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-11T08:58:55.1+00:00
jalon hall 0 Reputation points
0 answers

problem z microsoft family safety

Moje konto ma błędną datę urodzenia, przypisano je jako dziecko do grupy rodzinnej, a konto organizatora zostało trwale utracone i nie ma do niego dostępu. Chcę zweryfikować swój wiek i opuścić grupę. Jestem pełnoletni.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Other
Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Other

A free app and service that helps families create healthy digital habits and stay connected. It’s designed to support both online safety and real-world awareness by offering tools for screen time management, content filtering, and location sharing

316 questions
asked 2026-10-11T08:54:31.5166667+00:00
lovsiax 0 Reputation points
1 answer

Why are several of my recent Systems Restore Points removed not by me and only 1 left?

I am Win 11 (64) fully updated. I updated an App (not a Microsoft App) yesterday evening and by Default a System Restore Point was created. Tonight in "fiddling "with my Outlook Settings I lost access to Outlook -would not accept my password.…

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
asked 2026-10-11T08:54:16.35+00:00
NeilFitzjames-0675 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-11T08:54:28.8966667+00:00

AI answer

2 answers

Cannot access original Microsoft Learn profile — Credentials Support portal also broken

Hello Microsoft Support Team, I need assistance with an inaccessible Microsoft Learn profile. My original profile, martinrufino-4485, remains publicly visible with 72 badges and 21 trophies. However, after changing my Microsoft account email alias from…

Community Center | Not monitored
asked 2026-10-10T17:32:19.05+00:00
Rufino Martin 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-11T08:54:16.2733333+00:00
Julian Sharp 45,001 Reputation points