Dont have acces to the Microsoft Authenticator app and not able to login with the email id and password also.

Swapnil Nikale 1 Reputation point

I have logout from the Microsoft Authenticator application by mistake, and when i try to open the Azure portal it sends the request on the app but i don't have the access to the Microsoft Authenticator application.
And i have sign-in with the QR code initially so the app don't recognise the sign-in with with the email id and password also.

It's my work account, sonia there any way resolve the issues ??

Azure Active Directory
Azure Active Directory
An Azure enterprise identity service that provides single sign-on and multi-factor authentication.
14,806 questions
0 comments No comments
{count} votes

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Sarat Chandra 561 Reputation points

    Hi Swapnil,

    I got the below information from one of the Q& A Blog, I hope it helps you

    Can you access your account via browser right now? If yes, you can follow the instructions below to set the Authenticator app on your new device:

    1. Go to Security & Privacy page > choose Additional security verification > Update my phone numbers used for account security.
    2. After that it will open a new window. You will see your Phone is listed and you can choose Delete.
    3. Choose Set up Authenticator app and it will open a pop-up box with QR code so that you can configure the app on your new device.
    4. List item If you cannot access your account via browser, please contact your Office 365 admin and disable MFA for you and remove the lost device. After that, enable MFA so that you can configure the Authenticator app again on the new device. Reference from:
    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Tauqir Pervez 1 Reputation point

    Found a working solution here:

    What you have to do is go to and under security and info you can manage log in verification methods. just delete Microsoft authenticator as an option and then re add it and it will allow you back in!!! I have just discovered this after two hours of troubleshooting.