Hi @arkiboys ,
Thank you for posting query in Microsoft Q&A Platform.
There is not much difference in terms of syntax of view creation in comparison with actual SQL script and SQL script in Synapse. Click here to know about CREATE VIEW in Azure Synapse Analytics in detail.
But, there are some limitations with Views in Azure Synapse. Views in Synapse SQL are only stored as metadata. Consequently, the following options aren't available:
- There isn't a schema binding option
- Base tables can't be updated through the view
- Views can't be created over temporary tables
- There's no support for the EXPAND / NOEXPAND hints
- There are no indexed views in Synapse SQL
Click here to know about Views in Azure Synapse SQL.
Click here to know about limitations of Views in Azure Synapse SQL.
Hope this will help. Please let us know if any further queries.
- Please don't forget to click on or upvote button whenever the information provided helps you. Original posters help the community find answers faster by identifying the correct answer. Here is how
- Want a reminder to come back and check responses? Here is how to subscribe to a notification
- If you are interested in joining the VM program and help shape the future of Q&A: Here is how you can be part of Q&A Volunteer Moderators