Microsoft 365 Subscription

Ian Brydson 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T07:36:36.2233333+00:00

I have paid for a Microsoft 365 subscription for the last 4 years but just recently I have been locked out of Outlook/Word/ Excel etc because of 'unlicensed product'. I have checked Paypal and bank details and the payments to Microsoft Corporation have all come out on 21 March since 2023. My account does not show any subscription. I am at a loss and I cannot find anyone to talk to about the problem. On-line help suggests I purchase a new subscription whilst I investigate the issue. Is there anyone that I can talk to, to help resolve my problem.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,680 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T08:32:43.9966667+00:00

    Hi,Based on your description, you have paid for Microsoft 365, but when you use it now, it says it's unlicensed. It also does not show your Subscription page. Please double-check the order history and subscription again, and make sure you're signed in to the correct account where you subscribed to Microsoft 365. Does it say active?

    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders
    https://account.microsoft.com/services

    Also, please log out of your account in the Microsoft 365 app and try to sign in again to the correct account where you purchased Microsoft 365.

    If you are sure that you are signed in to the correct account and there is no subscription available, please check the order history of any other accounts you have or another family member's account. There is a possibility that you might have purchased the subscription on your other account.

    If you have difficulty determining which account it was purchased from, please use the investigation tool.

    • Please go to your Microsoft account's Payment options page.https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
    • Select Investigate beside the transaction section.
    • Select or add the card and input the data required.
    • This will show you the purchase details from Microsoft, including the email address, subscription, and country/region where it was purchased.

    If you have some difficulty with the above steps, you may also go to the article below to follow the detailed steps and images.

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/2338775/(article)-how-to-find-the-source-for-unknown-charg

    Please let me know how it goes. I look forward to your response.

    Stay Safe!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,680 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-01T06:04:53.69+00:00

    I see. Since it did not appear on your account subscription page or order history, it may have been purchased from another account, but you have clarified that you only have one account and that no other accounts are involved. Have you tried to use the investigation tool with your existing payment method? If not, please try to use it, or go to the link below and click Start. This will help you investigate and locate the charge from Microsoft.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/how-to-investigate-a-billing-charge-from-microsoft

    If you still have difficulty locating the unknown charge, please reach out to Microsoft Support by following these steps:

    • Visit Microsoft Support.
    • Sign in with the Microsoft account associated with your purchase.
    • Select Microsoft 365 and Office, then choose Get Home Support.
    • In the search box, enter "Chat with an agent," and press Enter.
    • Click Contact Support at the bottom of the page.
    • Select Microsoft 365 and Office > Payment and Billing.
    • Follow the prompts to start a live chat with a support agent or arrange a callback.

    My apologies for the late reply, and thank you in advance for your understanding if future responses are delayed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.