Authenticator does not give code

jp collette 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T16:33:03.5133333+00:00

When trying to connect to Microsoft team I give my e mail then I am asked to enter the code from the Authenticator. But I have nothing on it except a password which is too long. And I am blocked ! Thank you

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-11T16:33:45.4566667+00:00

    The long password shown in Authenticator is not the verification code Teams is requesting; use another registered verification method, or have your organization reset your MFA registration if no alternative is available.

    Try another sign-in method

    1. Return to the Teams sign-in screen.
    2. Select Sign in another way, Try another verification method, or I can’t use my Microsoft Authenticator app right now.
    3. Choose a method already associated with the account, such as:
      • Text message
      • Phone call
      • Alternate email
      • Another registered Authenticator device
    4. Enter the code received through that method.

    If successful, open your account’s Security info page and add or correct the Authenticator method. Microsoft allows users who can sign in to manage their own authentication methods there.^1^

    If no other method is offered

    If this is an account supplied by your employer, school, or university, contact its IT help desk and request:

    “Please require MFA re-registration for my account. Microsoft Authenticator is not displaying a verification code, and I have no other sign-in method.”

    An Authentication Administrator can perform this action in:

    1. Microsoft Entra admin center
    2. Entra ID → Users
    3. Select your account
    4. Select Authentication methods
    5. Select Require re-register MFA

    This removes the existing Authenticator and related MFA registrations. At your next sign-in, you will be prompted to register Authenticator again, normally by scanning a new QR code.^1^

    Microsoft forum staff cannot reset an organization-managed account; only your organization’s administrator can do that.^2^

    If this is a personal Microsoft account

    Select I don’t have any of these at the identity-verification screen and follow the prompts to replace your security information. If all existing security information must be replaced, Microsoft may require a 30-day waiting period before sign-in is restored.^3^

    Avoid repeatedly requesting codes, because excessive attempts can cause a temporary block.^3^


    References

    1. Manage user authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication
    2. I would like to connect to my account but the app requires me to enter a code which I can only access if I am connected - Microsoft Q&A
    3. Troubleshoot Microsoft verification code issues | Microsoft Support
    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.