Hello @saurabh ,
Thanks for the question and using MS Q&A platform.
You can go with option b) Multiple Synapse workspaces(in same subscriptions, different resource groups, different subnets) for Prod and Non Prod environment. Synapse workspace to share the storage account, but use different containers for Prod/Non-Prod.
Create one Azure Synapse Workspace per environment (DEV, UAT and PRD). For each instance of Synapse Workspace, provide the following configuration values:
- Workspace Name: syn-cicddemo-workspace-<env_suffix>
- Resource Group: rg-cicddemo-<env_suffix>
- Managed Resource Group: mrg-cicddemo-<env_suffix>
- ADLS Gen2 Account Name: dlscicddemo<env_suffix>
- File system name: fs-dlscicddemo-<env_suffix>
Continuous integration (CI) is the process of automating the build and testing of code every time a team member commits a change to version control. Continuous delivery (CD) is the process of building, testing, configuring, and deploying from multiple testing or staging environments to a production environment.
In an Azure Synapse Analytics workspace, CI/CD moves all entities from one environment (development, test, production) to another environment. Promoting your workspace to another workspace is a two-part process. First, use an Azure Resource Manager template (ARM template) to create or update workspace resources (pools and workspace). Then, migrate artifacts like SQL scripts and notebooks, Spark job definitions, pipelines, datasets, and data flows by using Azure Synapse CI/CD tools in Azure DevOps or on GitHub.
For more details, refer to Continuous integration and delivery for an Azure Synapse Analytics workspace and How to use CI/CD integration to automate the deploy of a Synapse Workspace to multiple environments.
Hope this will help. Please let us know if any further queries.
- Please don't forget to click on or upvote button whenever the information provided helps you. Original posters help the community find answers faster by identifying the correct answer. Here is how
- Want a reminder to come back and check responses? Here is how to subscribe to a notification
- If you are interested in joining the VM program and help shape the future of Q&A: Here is how you can be part of Q&A Volunteer Moderators