Hello @TeneriffeLLC ,
Thanks for the question and using MS Q&A platform.
You can use Azure Free Trial subscription to create a Single node cluster which will have one Driver node with 4 cores.
A Single Node cluster is a cluster consisting of a Spark driver and no Spark workers. Such clusters support Spark jobs and all Spark data sources, including Delta Lake. In contrast, Standard clusters require at least one Spark worker to run Spark jobs.
Single Node clusters are helpful in the following situations:
- Running single node machine learning workloads that need Spark to load and save data
- Lightweight exploratory data analysis (EDA)
Reference: Azure Databricks - Single Node clusters
To use multi-node cluster in Azure Databricks, you need to have “Pay-As-You-Go” subscription.
Why can't I use Azure Free Trial subscription?
Azure Free Trial has a limit of 4 cores, and you cannot create Azure Databricks cluster using a Free Trial Subscription because to create a spark cluster which requires more than 4 cores i.e (Minimum 4 cores for Driver type and 4 cores for Worker type).
For more details, refer to Quickstart: Run a Spark job on Azure Databricks Workspace using the Azure portal
Hope this will help. Please let us know if any further queries.
- Please don't forget to click on or upvote button whenever the information provided helps you. Original posters help the community find answers faster by identifying the correct answer. Here is how
- Want a reminder to come back and check responses? Here is how to subscribe to a notification
- If you are interested in joining the VM program and help shape the future of Q&A: Here is how you can be part of Q&A Volunteer Moderators