Hello @Rachit Pandya ,
Thanks for the question and using MS Q&A platform.
You will experience this error message:
Error:(3835) Failed to access the ADLS Gen2 Storage with the Managed Identity when you don't have Purview Managed Identity to the
Storage Blob Data Reader role for the Azure Data Lake Gen2 storage account.
To resolve this issue, make sure to add Purview Managed Identity to the Storage Blob Data Reader role for the Azure Data Lake Gen2 storage account.
- Navigate to your ADLS Gen2 storage account.
- Select Access Control (IAM) from the left navigation menu.
- Select + Add.
- Set the Role to Storage Blob Data Reader
- Enter your Azure Purview account name under Select input box.
- Then, select Save to give this role assignment to your Purview account.
A few moments later, you will able to connect successfully.
For more details, refer to Register and scan Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 - Prerequisites.
Hope this will help. Please let us know if any further queries.
- Please don't forget to click on or upvote button whenever the information provided helps you. Original posters help the community find answers faster by identifying the correct answer. Here is how
- Want a reminder to come back and check responses? Here is how to subscribe to a notification
- If you are interested in joining the VM program and help shape the future of Q&A: Here is how you can be part of Q&A Volunteer Moderators