Hi @RiyazM ,
Thankyou for using Microsoft Q&A platform and thanks for posting your question here.
As I understand your issue, you are trying to create an external table on top of a .csv file and are facing the above stated error.
Kindly make sure to perform the following steps before creating the external table:
- CREATE DATABASE SCOPED CREDENTIAL to access to the external location anytime the database is performing an operation that requires access.
- CREATE EXTERNAL DATA SOURCE to reference an external Azure storage and specify the credential that should be used to access the storage.
- CREATE EXTERNAL FILE FORMAT to describe format of CSV or Parquet files.
- CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE on top of the files placed on the data source with the same file format.
Create External table script step is equivalent to what you are directly running via UI.
For more details, Kindly check out the following video: External Tables with Synapse SQL in Azure Synapse Analytics
Hope this will help. Please let us know if any further queries.
- Please don't forget to click on or upvote button whenever the information provided helps you.
Original posters help the community find answers faster by identifying the correct answer. Here is how
- Want a reminder to come back and check responses? Here is how to subscribe to a notification
- If you are interested in joining the VM program and help shape the future of Q&A: Here is how you can be part of Q&A Volunteer Moderators