Microsoft Q&A moderators
A Microsoft Q&A moderator assists with the day-to-day affairs of the community. The effectiveness of the moderation directly impacts the quality of the community in general, its usefulness as a Q&A site, and the customer satisfaction rate.
Moderators are also responsible for maintaining the integrity of the site. This includes ensuring that questions and answers are posted with the correct information, helping to protect customer privacy, and managing violations to the Code of Conduct.
As product experts, Microsoft Q&A moderators assist customers by answering questions and helping customers to post better questions and answers. See How to write a quality answer for more information.
There are two type of moderators on Microsoft Q&A:
- Microsoft moderators
- Volunteer moderators
Both Microsoft moderators and Volunteer moderators take part in the task of helping to support the community by:
- Answering questions
- Helping others to ask good questions or provide good answers
- Ensure an inclusive community
- Ensure all users follow the Microsoft Q&A code of conduct
The main differences between Microsoft moderators and Volunteer moderators are:
- Microsoft moderators are Microsoft employees who are part of a support team or a product group. Most or part of their work is to answer questions or help the community.
- Volunteer moderators are community members who were active moderators in MSDN and TechNet and want to continue on Microsoft Q&A or active community members in Q&A who are making a positive impact. Some of these moderators are part of the Community Champions Program.
How to become a Community Champion on Q&A
- Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs).
- MSDN and TechNet moderators who want to continue moderating in Q&A.
- Be a leader in the community and be nominated by a current moderator or a Microsoft employee.
Microsoft reserves the right to include other moderators in this program outside the requirements listed above.
Actions moderators can take on the site
For more information about what things moderators can do on Microsoft Q&A, see the following articles:
- Editing content
- Mark a question as duplicate
- Convert an answer to a comment
- Convert a comment to an answer
- Answer questions about products no monitored Microsoft Q&A
- Delete content
- Suspend a user
Thank you for being a moderator on Microsoft Q&A!