Microsoft Q&A moderators
There are two type of moderators on Microsoft Q&A:
- Microsoft moderators
- Volunteer moderators
Both Microsoft moderators and Volunteer moderators take part in the task of helping to support the community by:
- Answering questions
- Helping others to ask good questions or provide good answers
- Ensure an inclusive community
- Ensure all users follow the Microsoft Q&A code of conduct
The main differences between Microsoft moderators and Volunteer moderators are:
- Microsoft moderators are Microsoft employees who are part of a support team or a product group. Most or part of their work is to answer questions or help the community.
- Volunteer moderators are community members who were active moderators in MSDN and TechNet and want to continue on Microsoft Q&A or active community members in Q&A who are making a positive impact. Some of these moderators are part of the Community Champions Program.
|Permission type||Microsoft moderators||Volunteer moderators|
|Add an image to a tag|
|View content in moderation|
|Manage content in moderation queue|
|Make question sticky|
|Edit tags within a thread|
|Edit any content|
|Close any question|
|Delete any content|
|View deleted content|
|Initiate a private conversation|
|Convert answer to comment and vice-versa|
|Lock comments on threads|
How to become a Volunteer moderator
- Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs).
- MSDN and TechNet moderators who want to continue moderating in Q&A.
- Be a leader in the community and be nominated by a current Volunteer moderator, a Microsoft moderator, or a Microsoft employee.
Microsoft reserves the right to include other moderators in this program outside the requirements listed above.
Benefits of Volunteer moderators
As a Volunteer moderator, you will see the following benefits as a thank you for your participation:
- Monthly calls with Microsoft to check-in, adjust guidelines, answer questions, etc. Additionally, there will be guests from different product groups with topics of interest to the moderators.
- Access to our private Teams channel where all volunteers can chat with each other as well as be in close contact with Microsoft.
- Recognition. There will be several ways to publicly recognize the volunteers for their amazing contributions.