Tutorial: Azure AD SSO integration with Saba TalentSpace
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Saba TalentSpace with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). When you integrate Saba TalentSpace with Azure AD, you can:
- Control in Azure AD who has access to Saba TalentSpace.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Saba TalentSpace with their Azure AD accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location - the Azure portal.
To get started, you need the following items:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- Saba TalentSpace single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Azure AD SSO in a test environment.
- Saba TalentSpace supports SP initiated SSO
Add Saba TalentSpace from the gallery
To configure the integration of Saba TalentSpace into Azure AD, you need to add Saba TalentSpace from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- On the left navigation pane, select the Azure Active Directory service.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and then select All Applications.
- To add new application, select New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type Saba TalentSpace in the search box.
- Select Saba TalentSpace from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Azure AD SSO for Saba TalentSpace
Configure and test Azure AD SSO with Saba TalentSpace using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between an Azure AD user and the related user in Saba TalentSpace.
To configure and test Azure AD SSO with Saba TalentSpace, perform the following steps:
- Configure Azure AD SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Create an Azure AD test user - to test Azure AD single sign-on with B.Simon.
- Assign the Azure AD test user - to enable B.Simon to use Azure AD single sign-on.
- Configure Saba TalentSpace SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create Saba TalentSpace test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in Saba TalentSpace that is linked to the Azure AD representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Azure AD SSO
Follow these steps to enable Azure AD SSO in the Azure portal.
In the Azure portal, on the Saba TalentSpace application integration page, find the Manage section and select single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the pencil icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, perform the following steps:
a. In the Sign on URL text box, type the URL using the following pattern:
b. In the Identifier (Entity ID) text box, type the URL using the following pattern:
c. In the Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) text box, type the URL using the following pattern:
These values are not real. Update these values with the actual Sign on URL and Identifier. Contact Saba TalentSpace Client support team to get these values. You can also refer to the patterns shown in the Basic SAML Configuration section in the Azure portal.
On the Set up Single Sign-On with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, click Download to download the Federation Metadata XML from the given options as per your requirement and save it on your computer.
On the Set up Saba TalentSpace section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Create an Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll create a test user in the Azure portal called B.Simon.
- From the left pane in the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
- Select New user at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Name field, enter
- In the User name field, enter the firstname.lastname@example.org. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter
Assign the Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to Saba TalentSpace.
- In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications, and then select All applications.
- In the applications list, select Saba TalentSpace.
- In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
- Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
- In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are expecting a role to be assigned to the users, you can select it from the Select a role dropdown. If no role has been set up for this app, you see "Default Access" role selected.
- In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure Saba TalentSpace SSO
In a different browser window, sign-on to your Saba TalentSpace application as an administrator.
Click the Options tab.
In the left navigation pane, click SAML Configuration.
On the SAML Configuration page, perform the following steps:
a. As Unique Identifier, select NameID.
b. As Unique Identifier Maps To, select Username, Email Address, or Employee ID. This is the field that needs to match with the Azure primary attribute.
c. To upload your downloaded metadata file, click Browse to select the file, and then Upload File.
d. To test the configuration, click Run Test.
You need to wait for the message "The SAML test is complete. Please close this window". Then, close the opened browser window. The Enable SAML checkbox is only enabled if the test has been completed.
e. Select Enable SAML.
f. Click Save Changes.
Create Saba TalentSpace test user
The objective of this section is to create a user called Britta Simon in Saba TalentSpace.
To create a user called Britta Simon in Saba TalentSpace, perform the following steps:
Sign on to your Saba TalentSpace application as an administrator.
Click the User Center tab, and then click Create User.
On the New User dialog page, perform the following steps:
a. In the First Name textbox, type first name of the user like B.
b. In the Last Name textbox, type last name of the user like Simon.
c. In the Username textbox, type B.Simon, the user name as in the Azure portal.
d. In the Password textbox, type a password for B.Simon.
e. Click Save.
In this section, you test your Azure AD single sign-on configuration with following options.
Click on Test this application in Azure portal. This will redirect to Saba TalentSpace Sign-on URL where you can initiate the login flow.
Go to Saba TalentSpace Sign-on URL directly and initiate the login flow from there.
You can use Microsoft My Apps. When you click the Saba TalentSpace tile in the My Apps, you should be automatically signed in to the Saba TalentSpace for which you set up the SSO. For more information about the My Apps, see Introduction to the My Apps.
Once you configure Saba TalentSpace you can enforce session control, which protects exfiltration and infiltration of your organization’s sensitive data in real time. Session control extends from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps.
Submit and view feedback for