This article is a solution idea. If you'd like us to expand the content with more information, such as potential use cases, alternative services, implementation considerations, or pricing guidance, let us know by providing GitHub feedback.
Improve uptime and operations in travel and hospitality, manufacturing, retail, and more with mixed reality and IoT.
Download a Visio file of this architecture.
- The client authenticates to the facilities management web service and specifies the space's name in the Azure Digital Twins object model.
- The client's web service authenticates itself to Microsoft Entra ID.
- The Microsoft Entra token is then sent to the Azure Spatial Anchors service to retrieve an access token for the client to use later.
- Your app service retrieves information about the IoT sensors present in the area specified by the client. It returns IoT sensor IDs and their anchor IDs in Azure Spatial Anchors.
- The Azure Spatial Anchors authorization token is returned to the client alongside the anchor IDs of the IoT sensors and other metadata required by the client application.
- The client application completes a visual scan of the environment and retrieves its position in the area. It retrieves the position of all nearby anchors by using the nearby API of Azure Spatial Anchors.
- The client application requests IoT sensor data and controls to be displayed as holograms in the space where the sensors exist, making it easy for the operator to detect and fix any issues. The data is fetched by the app's web service from Azure Cosmos DB, the service storing this data.
- When IoT sensor data is updated, Azure Digital Twins pushes it to Event Hubs.
- Azure Functions uses an Event Hubs trigger to process the change and update data in Azure Cosmos DB as needed.
- Spatial Anchors: Create multi-user, spatially aware mixed-reality experiences.
- Microsoft Entra ID: Synchronize on-premises directories and enable single sign-on.
- Azure Cosmos DB: Globally distributed, multi-model database for any scale.
- App Service: Quickly create powerful cloud apps for web and mobile.
- Event Hubs: Receive telemetry from millions of devices.
- Azure Digital Twins: Build next-generation IoT spatial intelligence solutions.
Potential use cases
- Share Spatial Anchors across devices
- Create a new tenant in Microsoft Entra ID
- Build a .NET web app with Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL and the Azure portal
- Authenticate and authorize users end-to-end in Azure App Service
- Azure Event Hubs - A big data streaming platform and event ingestion service
- Deploy Azure Digital Twins and configure a spatial graph
- Introduction to Azure Functions