Resource Manager template samples for Azure Monitor
You can deploy and configure Azure Monitor at scale by using Azure Resource Manager templates. This article lists sample templates for Azure Monitor features. You can modify these samples for your particular requirements and deploy them by using any standard method for deploying Resource Manager templates.
Deploy the sample templates
The basic steps to use one of the template samples are:
- Copy the template and save it as a JSON file.
- Modify the parameters for your environment and save the JSON file.
- Deploy the template by using any deployment method for Resource Manager templates.
Following are basic steps for using different methods to deploy the sample templates. Follow the included links for more details.
For more details, see Deploy resources with ARM templates and Azure portal.
- In the Azure portal, select Create a resource, search for template. and then select Template deployment.
- Select Create.
- Select Build your own template in editor.
- Click Load file and select your template file.
- Click Save.
- Fill in parameter values.
- Click Review + Create.
List of sample templates
- Agents: Deploy and configure the Log Analytics agent and a diagnostic extension.
- Application Insights
- Diagnostic settings: Create diagnostic settings to forward logs and metrics from different resource types.
- Enable Prometheus metrics: Install the Azure Monitor agent on your AKS cluster and send Prometheus metrics to your Azure Monitor workspace.
- Log queries: Create saved log queries in a Log Analytics workspace.
- Log Analytics workspace: Create a Log Analytics workspace and configure a collection of data sources from the Log Analytics agent.
- Workbooks: Create workbooks.
- Azure Monitor for VMs: Onboard virtual machines to Azure Monitor for VMs.
Learn more about Resource Manager templates.