Azure HDInsight: Python samples
Python 2.7 will be deprecated on January 1st 2020. If you are still using Python 2.7, upgrade to 3.7 in order to use the HDInsight Python SDK.
This article provides:
- Links to samples for cluster creation tasks.
- Links to reference content for other management tasks.
Cluster management - creation
- Create an Apache Kafka cluster
- Create an Apache Spark cluster
- Create an Apache Spark cluster with Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
- Create an Apache Spark cluster with Enterprise Security Package (ESP)
You can get these samples for Python by cloning the hdinsight-python-sdk-samples GitHub repository.
Additional SDK functionality
- List clusters
- Delete clusters
- Resize clusters
- Script Actions
Code snippets for this additional SDK functionality can be found in the HDInsight SDK for Python reference documentation.