Key Vault versions
Here's what's new with Azure Key Vault. New features and improvements are also announced on the Azure updates Key Vault channel.
Azure Monitor for Key Vault is now in preview. Azure Monitor provides comprehensive monitoring of your key vaults by delivering a unified view of your Key Vault requests, performance, failures, and latency. For more information, see Azure Monitor for Key Vault (preview)..
Private endpoints now available in preview. Azure Private Link Service enables you to access Azure Key Vault and Azure hosted customer/partner services over a Private Endpoint in your virtual network. Learn how to Integrate Key Vault with Azure Private Link.
- Release of the next-generation Azure Key Vault SDKs. For examples of their use, see the Azure Key Vault secret quickstarts for Python, .NET, Java, and Node.js
- New Azure policies to manage key vault certificates. See the Azure Policy built-in definitions for Key Vault.
- Azure Key Vault Virtual Machine extension now generally available. See Key Vault virtual machine extension for Linux and Key Vault virtual machine extension for Windows.
- Event-driven secrets management for Azure Key Vault now available in Azure Event Grid. For more information, see [the Event Grid schema for events in Azure Key Vault](../../event-grid/event-schema-key-vault.md], and learn how to Receive and respond to key vault notifications with Azure Event Grid.
New features and integrations released this year:
- Integration with Azure Functions. For an example scenario using Azure Functions for key vault operations, see Automate the rotation of a secret.
- Integration with Azure Databricks. With this, Azure Databricks now supports two types of secret scopes: Azure Key Vault-backed and Databricks-backed. For more information, see Create an Azure Key Vault-backed secret scope
- Virtual network service endpoints for Azure Key Vault.
New features released this year:
- Managed storage account keys. Storage Account Keys feature added easier integration with Azure Storage. For more information, see Managed Storage Account Keys overview.
- Soft delete. Soft-delete feature improves data protection of your key vaults and key vault objects. For more information, see Soft-delete overview.
New features released this year:
- Certificate management. Added as a feature to the GA version 2015-06-01 on September 26, 2016.
General Availability (version 2015-06-01) was announced on June 24, 2015. The following changes were made at this release:
- Delete a key - "use" field removed.
- Get information about a key - "use" field removed.
- Import a key into a vault - "use" field removed.
- Restore a key - "use" field removed.
- Changed "RSA_OAEP" to "RSA-OAEP" for RSA Algorithms. See About keys, secrets, and certificates.
Second preview version (version 2015-02-01-preview) was announced April 20, 2015. For more information, see REST API Update blog post. The following tasks were updated:
- List the keys in a vault - added pagination support to operation.
- List the versions of a key - added operation to list the versions of a key.
- List secrets in a vault - added pagination support.
- List versions of a secret - add operation to list the versions of a secret.
- All operations - Added created/updated timestamps to attributes.
- Create a secret - added Content-Type to secrets.
- Create a key - added tags as optional information.
- Create a secret - added tags as optional information.
- Update a key - added tags as optional information.
- Update a secret - added tags as optional information.
- Changed max size for secrets from 10 K to 25 K Bytes. See, About keys, secrets, and certificates.
First preview version (version 2014-12-08-preview) was announced on January 8, 2015.