Support matrix for web apps migration
This article summarizes support settings and limitations for agentless migration of web apps to Azure App Service Azure Migrate: Migration and modernization . If you're looking for information about assessing web apps for migration to Azure App Service, review the assessment support matrix.
You can perform agentless migration of ASP.NET web apps at-scale to Azure App Service using Azure Migrate. However, agent based migration is not supported.
- Currently, At-Scale Discovery, Assessment and Migration is supported for ASP.NET web apps deployed to on-premises IIS servers hosted on VMware Environment.
- You can select up to five App Service Plans as part of single migration.
- Currently, we do not support selecting existing App service plans during the migration flow.
- You can migrate web apps up to max 2 GB in size including content stored in mapped virtual directory.
- Currently, we do not support migrating UNC directory content.
- You need Windows PowerShell 4.0 installed on VMs hosting the IIS web servers from which you plan to migrate ASP.NET web apps to Azure App Services.
- Currently, the migration flow does not support VNet integrated scenarios.
ASP.NET web apps migration requirements
Azure Migrate now supports agentless at-scale migration of ASP.NET web apps to Azure App Service. Performing web apps assessment is mandatory for migration web apps using the integrated flow in Azure Migrate.
|Supported servers||Currently supported only for windows servers running IIS in your VMware environment.|
|Windows servers||Windows Server 2008 R2 and later are supported.|
|Linux servers||Currently not supported.|
|IIS access||Web apps discovery requires a local admin user account.|
|IIS versions||IIS 7.5 and later are supported.|
|PowerShell version||PowerShell 4.0|
- Learn how to perform at-scale agentless migration of ASP.NET web apps to Azure App Service.
- Once you have successfully completed migration, you may explore the following steps based on web app specific requirement(s):
- Review best practices for deploying to Azure App service.
Submit and view feedback for