Troubleshoot Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service
This article describes how to fix common problems when you're working with Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service.
Try the troubleshooting information in this article first. If that doesn't work, you can use one of the following methods to open a request form for Qumulo support:
- Go to the Qumulo support page and select Open a case.
- Go to the Azure portal and select New Support request on the left pane.
The Microsoft.SaaS RP is not registered on the Azure subscription.
Plan cannot be purchased on a free subscription, please upgrade your account.
Purchase has failed because we couldn't find a valid payment method associated with your Azure subscription.
- Use a different Azure subscription or add or update current credit card or payment method information for this subscription. For more information, see purchase SaaS offer in the Azure portal.
The Publisher does not make available Offer, Plan in your Subscription/Azure account’s region.
- The offer or the specific plan isn't available to the billing account market that is connected to the Azure Subscription.
Enrollment for Azure Marketplace is set to Free/BYOL SKUs only, purchase for Azure product is not allowed. Please contact your enrollment administrator to change EA settings.
Marketplace is not enabled for the Azure subscription.
- Enterprise administrators can disable or enable Azure Marketplace purchases for all Azure subscriptions under their enrollment. Refer Azure Marketplace - Microsoft Cost Management.
Plan by publisher is not available to you for purchase due to private marketplace settings made by your tenant’s IT administrator.
- Customer uses private marketplace to limit the access of its organization to specific offers and plans. The specific offer or the plan weren't set up to be available in the tenant's private marketplace. Contact your tenant’s IT administrator.
The EA subscription doesn't allow Marketplace purchases.
- Use a different subscription or check if your EA subscription is enabled for Marketplace purchase. For more information, see Enable Marketplace purchases.
You can't create a resource
To set up Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service integration, you must have Owner or Contributor access on the Azure subscription. Ensure that you have the proper access on both the subnet resource group and the Qumulo service resource group before you start the setup.
For successful creation of a Qumulo service, custom role-based access control (RBAC) roles need to have the following permissions in the subnet and Qumulo service resource groups:
Get started with Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service on