Tutorial: Set up service alerts
This content applies to Azure Virtual Desktop with Azure Resource Manager Azure Virtual Desktop objects. If you're using Azure Virtual Desktop (classic) without Azure Resource Manager objects, see this article.
You can use Azure Service Health to monitor service issues and health advisories for Azure Virtual Desktop. Azure Service Health can notify you with different types of alerts (for example, email or SMS), help you understand the effect of an issue, and keep you updated as the issue resolves. Azure Service Health can also help you mitigate downtime and prepare for planned maintenance and changes that could affect the availability of your resources.
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Create and configure service alerts.
To learn more about Azure Service Health, see the Azure Health Documentation.
Create service alerts
This section shows you how to configure Azure Service Health and how to set up notifications, which you can access on the Azure portal. You can set up different types of alerts and schedule them to notify you in a timely manner.
Recommended service alerts
We recommend you create service alerts for the following health event types:
- Service issue: Receive notifications on major issues that impact connectivity of your users with the service or with the ability to manage Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Health advisory: Receive notifications that require your attention. The following are some examples of this type of notification:
- Virtual Machines (VMs) not securely configured as open port 3389
- Deprecation of functionality
Configure service alerts
To configure service alerts:
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- Select Service Health.
- Follow the instructions in Create activity log alerts on service notifications to set up your alerts and notifications.
In this tutorial, you learned how to set up and use Azure Service Health to monitor service issues and health advisories for Azure Virtual Desktop. To learn about how to sign in to Azure Virtual Desktop, continue to the Connect to Azure Virtual Desktop How-tos.