Create custom connectors in solutions
Move your custom connectors along with canvas apps, flows, and Microsoft Dataverse customizations in a single package. Solutions have the added benefit of managing your customizations in Azure DevOps and automating your CI/CD process.
You must have a license for Dataverse or Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and a valid security role granting create access for connectors.
Select the Solutions tab.
Create a new solution or open an existing unmanaged solution.
Select New > Automation > Custom connector.
A new tab opens to create a new custom connector.
When you've finished, select Save.
Close the browser tab. You'll see the new custom connector listed within your solution.
To migrate the custom connector and any other customizations, export your solution, and then import it to the target environment.
You'll need to re-enter credentials required by the connector, and then create connections.
- Adding custom connectors created outside a solution.
- Dependencies aren't logged.
- Managed properties.
- Sharing with Azure Active Directory (AAD) Groups.
- Sharing with single users.
- Custom connectors aren't available in classic solution explorer.
- Custom connectors need to be imported first, before connection references or flows
- If your environment doesn’t contain the custom connector in a solution, import a separate solution that only the custom connectors. Do this importation before you import the actual solution because Azure needs to register the custom connector beforehand.
- If you import a solution that contains custom connectors and flows, Azure won't be able to register the custom connector while it's registering your connection references or flows. This also applies to connection references for the custom connector that wasn't previously imported in a separate solution. If Azure hasn't registered your custom connector, the importation will fail, or you won't be able to start the import.
- Solution custom connectors are created without role assignments by default.
- The Power Apps for Admin connector has the Get Custom Connectors as Admin action that doesn't return solution custom connectors without role assignments. Users can add role assignments to custom connectors through sharing or through the Power Apps for Admin connector.
- Role assignments aren't maintained when you import/export custom connectors across environments. This is because role assignments depend on specific users in the environment. Once the solution custom connector is created, configure role privileges and role based security as needed.
We greatly appreciate feedback on issues with our connector platform, or new feature ideas. To provide feedback, go to Submit issues or get help with connectors and select your feedback type.