As a candidate for this exam, you should have subject matter expertise designing, implementing, and monitoring cloud-native applications that store and manage data.
Your responsibilities for this role include:
- Designing and implementing data models and data distribution.
- Loading data into an Azure Cosmos DB database.
- Optimizing and maintaining the solution.
As a professional in this role, you integrate the solution with other Azure services. You also design, implement, and monitor solutions that consider security, availability, resilience, and performance requirements.
As a candidate for this exam, you must have solid knowledge and experience with:
- Developing apps for Azure.
- Working with Azure Cosmos DB database technologies.
You should be proficient at developing applications that use the Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL API. You should be able to:
- Write efficient SQL queries for the API.
- Create appropriate indexing policies.
- Interpret JSON.
- Read C# or Java code.
- Use PowerShell.
Additionally, you should be familiar with provisioning and managing resources in Azure.
The English language version of this exam was updated on November 2, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the “Tip” box for details about the latest changes. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date. While Microsoft makes every effort to update localized versions as noted, there may be times when the localized versions of this exam are not updated on this schedule.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure Cosmos DB Developer Specialty
Related exams: noneGo to Learn Profile
- The English language version of this exam was updated on November 2, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the preceding “Tip” box for details about the skills measured and latest changes.
- Design and implement data models (35–40%)
- Design and implement data distribution (5–10%)
- Integrate an Azure Cosmos DB solution (5–10%)
- Optimize an Azure Cosmos DB solution (15–20%)
- Maintain an Azure Cosmos DB solution (25–30%)
Two ways to prepare
Azure Cosmos DB developers design and implement data models and data distribution, load data into an Azure Cosmos DB database, and optimize and maintain the solution.
Explore all certifications in a concise training and certifications guide.
Check out an overview of fundamentals, role-based and specialty certifications.
Boost your odds of success with this great offer.
Get help through Microsoft Certification support forums. A forum moderator will respond in one business day, Monday-Friday.
Review and manage your scheduled appointments, certificates, and transcripts.
Learn more about requesting an accommodation for your exam.
Review the exam policies and frequently asked questions.