As a candidate for this exam, you’re a Microsoft Dynamics 365 functional consultant with sales expertise. You’re responsible for implementing solutions that meet the business requirements of an organization, large or small. You’re also responsible for identifying potential process efficiencies and improvements that could be achieved by using Dynamics 365 Sales and wider Microsoft Power Platform features. This may include supporting a sales lifecycle to run effectively and assisting the sales team to:
- Achieve revenue targets.
- Execute business strategies.
- Meet an organization's objectives.
You’re responsible for configuring and expanding the core sales application functionality to create scalable customer solutions which support, automate, and accelerate the company's sales process. You’ll use your knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform and the common customer engagement capabilities in Dynamics 365 to inform the solution design where the following are required:
- Business process flows
- Custom applications
As a candidate, you should:
- Have strong business knowledge of sales processes for business-to-customer and business-to-business scenarios.
- Understand the sales process of the customer as well as the core functionality of Dynamics 365 Sales to identify where the two align and differ.
- Be proficient in configuring Microsoft Power Platform, primarily model-driven apps.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft 365 services and their interactions with Microsoft Dataverse.
The English language version of this exam was updated on September 27, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the “Tip” box for details about the latest changes. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date. While Microsoft makes every effort to update localized versions as noted, there may be times when the localized versions of this exam are not updated on this schedule.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate
Related exams: noneGo to Learn Profile
- The English language version of this exam was updated on September 27, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the preceding “Tip” box for details about the skills measured and latest changes.
- Configure Dynamics 365 Sales (35–40%)
- Manage core sales features (30–35%)
- Configure additional tools and services (25–30%)
Two ways to prepare
As a Microsoft Dynamics 365 functional consultant, you’re responsible for implementing solutions that meet the business requirements of an organization and identifying potential process efficiencies and improvements that could be achieved by using Dynamics 365 Sales and wider Microsoft Power Platform features.
Recommended training resources to help you prepare for required exams and earn your certification.
Explore all certifications in a concise training and certifications guide.
Check out an overview including fundamentals, role-based and specialty certifications for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform.
Boost your odds of success with this great offer.
Get help through Microsoft Certification support forums. A forum moderator will respond in one business day, Monday-Friday.
Review and manage your scheduled appointments, certificates, and transcripts.
Learn more about requesting an accommodation for your exam.
Review the exam policies and frequently asked questions.