As a candidate for this exam, you’re a developer who works with finance and operations apps in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to implement and extend applications that meet the requirements of a business. You provide fully realized solutions by using:
- Standardized application coding patterns
- Extensible features
- External integrations
As a candidate for this exam, you do the following:
- Develop business logic by using X++.
- Create and modify finance and operations app reports and workspaces.
- Customize user interfaces.
- Provide endpoints and APIs to support Microsoft Power Platform apps and external systems.
- Perform testing.
- Monitor performance.
- Analyze and manipulate data.
You also create technical designs and implementation details, and implement permission policies and security requirements.
You should have a deep knowledge and experience using the underlying framework, data structures, and objects associated with the finance and operations solutions.
You should have experience with products and services that include Microsoft Visual Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Azure DevOps, Lifecycle Services tools, Microsoft Azure, Postman, GitHub, Microsoft 365, reporting tools [for example, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI], and SQL Server Management Studio.
The English language version of this exam will be updated on December 27, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the “Tip” box for details on upcoming changes. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date. While Microsoft makes every effort to update localized versions as noted, there may be times when the localized versions of this exam are not updated on this schedule.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Associate
Related exams: 1 related examGo to Learn Profile
- The English language version of this exam will be updated on December 27, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the preceding “Tip” box for details about the skills measured and upcoming changes.
- Plan the architecture and solution design (5–10%)
- Apply developer tools (5–10%)
- Design and develop AOT elements (15–20%)
- Develop and test code (20–25%)
- Implement reporting (10–15%)
- Integrate and manage data solutions (15–20%)
- Implement security and optimize performance (5–10%)
Two ways to prepare
As a developer, you work with finance and operations apps in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to implement and extend applications that meet the requirements of a business.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: describe finance and operations apps, and extend apps by using Microsoft Power Platform technologies; configure administrative features and workflows; manage Finance and Operation data; and validate and support the solution.
Recommended training resources to help you prepare for required exams and earn your certification.
Explore all certifications in a concise training and certifications guide.
Check out an overview including fundamentals, role-based and specialty certifications for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform.
Boost your odds of success with this great offer.
Get help through Microsoft Certification support forums. A forum moderator will respond in one business day, Monday-Friday.
Review and manage your scheduled appointments, certificates, and transcripts.
Learn more about requesting an accommodation for your exam.
Review the exam policies and frequently asked questions.