Candidates for this exam aspire to understand how Microsoft Power Platform technologies can be used to improve processes and help drive business outcomes. The exam is intended for candidates seeking to start their journey building solutions with Microsoft Power Platform.
This exam can be used to prepare for role-based or specialty certifications, but it is not a prerequisite for any of them.
You may be eligible for ACE college credit if you pass this certification exam. See ACE college credit for certification exams for details.
The English language version of this exam will be updated on December 27, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the “Tip” box for details on upcoming changes. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date. While Microsoft makes every effort to update localized versions as noted, there may be times when the localized versions of this exam are not updated on this schedule.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Fundamentals
Related exams: noneGo to Learn Profile
- The English language version of this exam will be updated on December 27, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the preceding “Tip” box for details about the skills measured and upcoming changes.
- Describe the business value of Microsoft Power Platform (20–25%)
- Identify foundational components of Microsoft Power Platform (10–15%)
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power BI (10–15%)
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power Apps (20–25%)
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Power Automate (15–20%)
- Demonstrate complementary Microsoft Power Platform solutions (15–20%)
Two ways to prepare
Prove you understand the core capabilities of the Power Platform–from business value and core product capabilities to building a simple Power Apps canvas app, connecting data sources, automating basic business processes with Power Automate, creating a Power BI dashboard, and creating powerful chatbots with Power Virtual Agents.
Recommended training resources to help you prepare for required exams and earn your certification.
Explore all certifications in a concise training and certifications guide.
Check out an overview including fundamentals, role-based and specialty certifications for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform.
Boost your odds of success with this great offer.
Get help through Microsoft Certification support forums. A forum moderator will respond in one business day, Monday-Friday.
Review and manage your scheduled appointments, certificates, and transcripts.
Learn more about requesting an accommodation for your exam.
Review the exam policies and frequently asked questions.