As a Microsoft identity and access administrator, you design, implement, and operate an organization’s identity and access management by using Microsoft Entra ID (ID). You configure and manage the full cycle of identities for:
- Microsoft Azure resources
As an identity and access administrator, you provide seamless experiences and self-service management capabilities for users. You plan and implement identity, authorization, and access to connect applications and resources in Azure. You’re also responsible for troubleshooting, monitoring, and reporting on identity and access. You collaborate with many other roles in the organization to:
- Drive strategic identity projects.
- Modernize identity solutions.
- Implement hybrid identity solutions.
- Implement identity governance.
You should be familiar with Azure, Microsoft 365 services and workloads, and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). You should have experience:
- Automating the management of Microsoft Entra ID using PowerShell.
- Analyzing events using Kusto Query Language (KQL).
The English language version of this exam was updated on October 30, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the “Tip” box for details about the latest changes. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date. While Microsoft makes every effort to update localized versions as noted, there may be times when the localized versions of this exam are not updated on this schedule.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate
Related exams: noneGo to Learn Profile
- The English language version of this exam was updated on October 30, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the preceding “Tip” box for details about the skills measured and latest changes.
- Implement and manage user identities (20–25%)
- Implement authentication and access management (25–30%)
- Plan and implement workload identities (20–25%)
- Plan and implement identity governance (20–25%)
Two ways to prepare
As a Microsoft identity and access administrator, you design, implement, and operate an organization’s identity and access management by using Microsoft Entra ID (ID). You configure and manage the full cycle of identities for users, devices, Microsoft Azure resources, and applications.
Explore all certifications in a concise training and certifications guide.
Check out an overview including fundamentals, role-based and specialty certifications for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform.
Boost your odds of success with this great offer.
Get help through Microsoft Certification support forums. A forum moderator will respond in one business day, Monday-Friday.
Review and manage your scheduled appointments, certificates, and transcripts.
Learn more about requesting an accommodation for your exam.
Review the exam policies and frequently asked questions.