As a Microsoft security operations analyst, you reduce organizational risk by:
- Rapidly remediating active attacks in the environment.
- Advising on improvements to threat protection practices.
- Referring violations of organizational policies to appropriate stakeholders.
- Incident response.
- Vulnerability management.
- Threat hunting.
- Cyber threat intelligence analysis.
As a Microsoft security operations analyst, you monitor, identify, investigate, and respond to threats in multicloud environments by using:
- Microsoft Sentinel
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Microsoft 365 Defender
- Third-party security solutions
In this role, you collaborate with business stakeholders, architects, identity administrators, Azure administrators, and endpoint administrators to secure IT systems for the organization.
As a candidate, you should be familiar with:
- Microsoft 365
- Azure cloud services
- Windows and Linux operating systems
The English language version of this certification was updated on August 25, 2023. Review the study guide linked on the Exam SC-200 page for details about recent changes.