Updates to inventory and logistics feature states with version 10.0.21
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Aug 2, 2021||Oct 1, 2021|
Turning on features by default helps customers stay current with the latest inventory and logistics capabilities of Supply Chain Management.
Inventory and logistics features made mandatory starting in version 10.0.21
Starting with version 10.0.21, the following features will be turned on by default and can't be disabled:
- Organization-wide work blocking
- Wave label printing
- Task-based wave demand replenishment
- Associate purchase order inventory transactions with load: Records inbound load IDs for purchase order inventory transactions as warehouse workers register inbound quantities using a mobile device.
Inventory and logistics features enabled by default starting in version 10.0.21
Starting with version 10.0.21, the features listed in the following subsections will be turned on by default, but can still be manually disabled. They are all targeted to become mandatory with 2022 release wave 1.
- Compare item price storage
- Moving average, fallback cost sequence: Enables the ability to select among three predefined fallback cost sequences for moving average. It impacts scenarios where inventory goes negative and a cost has to be assigned.
- Show the items with not fully settled transactions in summary format: Shows items that don't have fully settled transactions in summary format in inventory closing. It hides the details of unsettled transactions.
- Change the terminology of inventory closing cancellation to inventory closing reverse
- Create transfer order from sales line: Provides the option in both product and supply menu and delivery alternatives form to directly create a transfer order from a sales line. The general information required to create a transfer order and transfer line will be automatically loaded to the creation dialog from the sales line.
- Enable inventory quality management parameters warning feature: Warns users if quality management is disabled when setting up the quality management policies.
- Auto increment line numbers of inventory transfer order lines: Ensures that line numbers of inventory transfer order lines are continuous integer values.
- Allow empty batch attributes values: Allows empty batch attribute values when closing the batch attributes form.
- Using unit of measure and unit quantity in inventory journals: Enables the use of unit of measure and unit quantity in inventory journal lines.
- Inventory journal approve workflow: Allows users to configure workflows for the inventory journal approval process.
- Inventory on-hand report storage
- Transfer Order Cancellation: Provides the functionality to cancel shipped transfer orders.
- Unlock Inventory Journal: Adds a button to inventory journals that allows a materials manager, quality control manager, or warehouse manager to unlock inventory journals that were created by other users and locked by the system.
- Saved views for inventory and logistics
- Hide the Total Value field on the All Loads and Load Details pages: When the Total Value field is visible, it has a performance impact on the All Loads and Load Details pages. This feature hides the field.
- Work line details
- Make mobile device inventory movement inventory status field editable: Makes the Inventory status field editable in the warehouse mobile device inventory movement flow when moving inventory from a license plate-controlled location.
- Enhanced license plate label layouts
- Control whether to display a receiving summary page on mobile devices
- Prevent reusing containers from different container build templates during containerization: Prevents containers created from a given container build template from being used by other container build templates during containerization. For example, if a container was created using one container build template and a new item needs to be packed in a container where a different container build template needs to be used, the first container will not be used even if there is enough space in it to pack the new item.
- Prompt to resolve ambiguous Loc/LP names: Lets warehouse workers specify whether the value entered in a Loc/LP field in the Warehousing Management mobile app identifies a license plate or a location. If a worker enters (or scans) a Loc/LP value that is currently used as a name for both a license plate with physical on-hand and a warehouse location, the app will display a screen that prompts the worker to select Location or License plate.
- Capture product variants and tracking dimensions in the warehousing app during load item receiving
- Confirm outbound shipments from batch jobs
- Do not allow to create loads that do not meet wave load building template requirements: Ensures that a load meets all requirements from its template. Also, if the load mix group is used, the templates should be created both for criteria codes and constraints to be able to create loads with any code.
- Evaluate all actions for multi-SKU location directives: For multi-SKU location directives, only one action is evaluated for every location directive line. When this feature is enabled, all actions are evaluated in sequenced order.
Procurement and sourcing
- Bid submission success message: Displays a success message when bids are submitted.
- RFQ reference link added to PO
- Ability to batch confirm accepted purchase orders from vendor collaboration: Allows users to batch-confirm purchase orders that are accepted with no change via vendor collaboration. A new menu item is available in the Procurement and sourcing module for batch scheduling, and a parameter will allow the batch run.
- Purchasing cXML enhancements: Includes a set of enhancements to the purchase requisition and purchase order processes when collaborating with suppliers. The external catalog is enhanced with a new trace function that allows administrators to troubleshoot using external catalogs with purchase requisitions. New functionality allows for a purchase order to be sent back to the supplier after being confirmed.
- RFQ questions and answers
- Display the Open published requests for quotation link as a tile: The vender bidding workspace provides a link that enables users to open published RFQs. This feature changes that link to a tile, which is more prominent and easier to find on the page. This is located in the Vendor bidding workspace.