This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new and planned for Dynamics 365 Business Central. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||-||May 11, 2022|
Dynamics 365 Business Central is teaming up with Shopify to help our customers create a better online shopping experience. Shopify provides merchants with an easy-to-use e-commerce solution, and Business Central offers comprehensive business management across finance, sales, service, and operations teams in a single application. Seamless connection between the two systems will synchronize order, stock, and customer information to ensure that merchants can fulfill orders faster and better serve their customers. The joint effort furthers the commitment of Business Central to connect data to help businesses adapt faster, work smarter, and perform better.
Connecting Dynamics 365 Business Central with Shopify will help merchants around the world to implement more agile online business processes, while keeping people focused on selling. With connected data across your online stores and business operations, you can rapidly respond to consumer demands to adjust product pricing and merchandising. With support for multitier pricing structures and multiple currencies, companies, and entities, Business Central easily supports multiple Shopify store scenarios.
Eliminating manual processes improves accuracy and lets people focus on taking care of customers. Connecting Shopify and Business Central improves visibility into stock, pricing, existing customers and their order histories, order status, billing, and payments. Better visibility means faster response to customer inquiries, timely returns and refunds, and more accurate order processing.
Enhanced operational efficiency not only saves you time and reduces costs, it can also translate into better results and faster decision-making. You'll have the confidence to expand your online presence while minimizing overhead with automatic synchronization between systems for price changes, product updates, and customers. At the end of accounting periods, Business Central will help with the financial reporting and tax reporting required by local legislation.
Shopify Connector features
Multiple Shopify shops connected to the same Business Central
Each shop has its own setup, including a collection of products, locations used to calculate inventory, and prices lists.
Bi-directional synchronization of items/products
- Sync images, item variants, barcodes, vendor item numbers, extended texts, and tags.
- Export item attributes to Shopify.
- Use selected customer price groups and discounts to define prices exported to Shopify.
- Decide whether items can be created automatically or to only allow updates to existing products.
Synchronization of inventory levels
- Choose some or all of the available locations in Business Central.
- Update inventory levels on multiple locations in Shopify.
Bi-directional synchronization of customers
- Smart-map customers by phone and email.
- Use country-specific templates when creating customers, which helps ensure that tax settings are correct.
Import of Orders from Shopify
- Create customers on the fly, or use fixed retail customer to keep customer data in Shopify.
- Include orders created in other channels, such as Shopify POS or Amazon.
- Shipping costs, gift cards, tips, shipping and payment methods, transactions, and risk of fraud.
- Receive payout information from Shopify Payments.
Send fulfillment information to Shopify
Include item tracking information.
This feature is available only for the online version of Business Central. It isn't available for on-premises versions. We expect this feature to be available as an extension in all countries and regions where Business Central is available. The extension will be preinstalled for new customers. Existing customers can download and install the extension from AppSource.
Tell us what you think
Help us improve Dynamics 365 Business Central by discussing ideas, providing suggestions, and giving feedback. Use the forum at https://aka.ms/bcideas.