Manufacturing and asset management feature state updates for 10.0.29
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts
|Aug 1, 2022
|Oct 1, 2022
Turning on features by default helps customers stay current with the latest manufacturing and asset management capabilities of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
Features becoming mandatory with the 10.0.29 release
These features have become mandatory and can no longer be disabled.
- Enable display of inventory dimensions in the materials list for production route operations: Adds a menu item for displaying inventory dimensions on the materials list for production route operations.
- Job search for the production floor execution interface: Makes it possible to add a search field to the production floor execution interface. Workers can search by entering text or scanning a bar code.
- Override default production reservation
- Saved views for production control
- Show full serial, batch, and license plate numbers in the production floor execution interface: Provides an improved experience for viewing lists of serial, batch, and license plate numbers in the production floor execution interface. The display changes from a card view with a limited number of characters to a list view that provides enough space to show the full values. The list also provides the ability to search for specific numbers.
Features becoming enabled by default with the 10.0.29 release
These features will be turned on by default but can still be manually disabled. These are all targeted to become mandatory with 2023 release wave 1.
- Enable to enter batch and serial numbers while reporting as finished from the Job Card Device
- Improved production catch weight quantity picking: This feature lets you use production catch weight quantity picking, provided you only change the catch weight quantity. It also lets you adjust the production catch weight quantity in a direction that is different from the nominal quantity.
- Manufacturing execution system integration
- "My day" view for the production floor execution interface: Lets each worker track their daily registrations of time spent on various types of activities such as work, breaks, and absence. The My day view also shows the worker the current balance on time spent on various activities and also the balance for the period.
- On-demand material availability check for production orders: Lets you to open the Production orders to release page on demand and initiate the materials check only for selected orders.
- Report on co- and by-products from the production floor execution interface
- Report on planning items in the production floor execution interface
- Validate expiration of raw materials against planned consumption date: Validates the batch expiration date against the planned consumption date (the raw material date), as established on the production BOM line or batch order formula line. Previously, the batch expiration date was validated against the planned delivery date of the production or batch order.
Features becoming generally available with the 10.0.29 release
- Auto-picking of warehouse enabled materials for auto-posted picking lists: Lets you auto-pick and resolve inventory dimensions for auto-posted, derived, and backflushed picking list journals.
- Register material consumption on the production floor execution interface (non-WMS): Enables workers to use the production floor execution interface to register material consumption, batch numbers, and serial numbers. This feature supports items that are not enabled to use advanced warehouse processes (WMS).
- Report on catch weight items from the production floor execution interface