Improve agent productivity with timeline enhancements
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to Overview of Dynamics 365 Customer Service. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Aug 1, 2022
|Oct 3, 2022
The timeline control provides agents with an easy and immersive experience for viewing a customer’s history across interactions. This experience helps agents deliver more personalized customer service in an efficient and effective manner.
Enhancements to the Dynamics 365 timeline control include the following:
- An optimized and modernized timeline for usability and at-a-glance understandability when working with customers.
- The ability to display the regarding record on activities.
- An improved title description for the conversation records, and the ability to view inline chat transcripts and voice recordings.
- The ability to show only the current email message with the option to expand the full thread.
- Simplified visual experience for auto-post messages.
- A preview of attachments for supported file types.
- The ability for a user to remember filters.
- The ability to add attachments to posts and replies.
The following features need to be manually enabled by admins:
- Notes that work like other activities and roll up on contact, account, and opportunity form timelines.
Use timeline (docs)