Preview of Dynamics 365 Commerce 10.0.30 (November 2022)
Some or all of the functionality noted in this article is available as part of a preview release. The content and the functionality are subject to change. For more information about preview releases, see One version service updates FAQ.
This article lists features that are either new or changed in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Commerce preview version 10.0.30. This version has a build number of 10.0.1362 and is available on the following schedule:
- Preview of release: September 2022
- General availability of release (self-update): October 2022
- General availability of release (auto-update): November 2022
Features included in this release
The following table lists the features that are included in this release. We might update this article to include features that were added to the build after this article was originally published.
|Chat on an e-commerce site using a Power Virtual Agents bot.
|This feature will give e-commerce site users a choice to use a Power Virtual Agents chat bot for support requests.
|Enabled by admin/makers for end users
|Stream point of sale (POS) operational insights events to your Application Insights account.
|Access logs in Application Insights
|IT Pro/developer opt-in
|PayPal order support beyond 29-day authorization period.
|The maximum authorization period for PayPal is 29-days, after which a new authorization and order ID must be generated. As an alternative, PayPal offers an option where an order a PayPal order can be referenced as a general order, allowing for multiple authorizations and captures against the same order ID, instead of generating a new authorization and order ID at 29 days).
|When configuring the PayPal payment connector in Commerce headquarters, the field OrderIntent has been added and can have two values:
- Authorize - This configuration is the default (if the field is left blank, Authorize will act as default). Configuring OrderIntent to Authorize correlates to the PayPal processing_instruction value of NO_INSTRUCTION. The order will be authorized with PayPal and the authorization cannot be modified when this value is used.
- Save - When the OrderIntent value is set to Save, this correlates to the PayPal processing_instruction value of ORDER_SAVED_EXPLICITLY. Order references will be saved in the PayPal Service when this value is used.
|Enable self-serve diagnosis capabilities for POS sign-in
|This feature provides self-serve diagnosis capabilities in point of sale (POS) and Commerce headquarters to help store employees and managers quickly identify and fix the root causes of POS sign-in issues.
- The failure messages shown on the POS sign-in screen were improved to provide concrete root cause information that can help store employees who use POS understand what went wrong so they can perform necessary actions to solve the issue.
- A Test logon function is available on the Workers page in Commerce headquarters so that store managers who set up POS devices can simulate POS sign-in. In the case of a sign-in failure, this function provides actionable troubleshooting guides so managers can check relevant configurations, correct issues, and validate the fixes.
|On by default
Platform updates for Finance and Operations apps
Dynamics 365 Finance 10.0.30 includes platform updates. To learn more, see Platform updates for version 10.0.30 of finance and operations apps.
For information about the bug fixes included in each of the updates that are part of version 10.0.30, sign in to Lifecycle Services (LCS) and view the KB article.
Dynamics 365 and industry clouds: 2022 release wave 2 plan
Wondering about upcoming and recently released capabilities in any of our business apps or platform?
Check out the Dynamics 365 and industry clouds: 2022 release wave 2 plan. We've captured all the details, end to end, top to bottom, in a single document that you can use for planning.
Removed and deprecated features
The Removed or deprecated features in Dynamics 365 Commerce article describes features that have been removed or deprecated for Commerce.
- A removed feature is no longer available in the product.
- A deprecated feature is not in active development and may be removed in a future update.
Before any feature is removed from the product, the deprecation notice will be announced in the Removed or deprecated features in Dynamics 365 Commerce article 12 months prior to the removal.
For breaking changes that only affect compilation time, but are binary compatible with sandbox and production environments, the deprecation time will be less than 12 months. Typically, these are functional updates that need to be made to the compiler.