Export segments to Braze (preview)
[This article is prerelease documentation and is subject to change.]
Export segments of unified customer profiles to Braze and use them for marketing activities.
- A Braze account and corresponding administrator credentials.
- A Braze API key
- Your Braze REST Endpoint
- Configured segments.
- Unified customer profiles in the exported segments contain a field representing an email address and a Braze customer ID.
- Up 1 million customer profiles to Braze, which can take up to 40 minutes to complete. The number of customer profiles that you can export to Braze depends on your contract with Braze.
- Segments only.
Set up connection to Braze
You must be an administrator in Customer Insights to add a connection.
Go to Settings > Connections.
Select Add connection and choose Braze.
Give your connection a recognizable name in the Display name field. The name and the type of the connection describe this connection. We recommend choosing a name that explains the purpose and target of the connection.
Choose who can use this connection. By default, it's only administrators. For more information, see Allow contributors to use a connection for exports.
Provide your Braze API key to continue to sign in.
Review the data privacy and compliance and select I agree.
Select Connect to initialize the connection.
Select Add yourself as export user and provide your Dynamics 365 Customer Insights - Data credentials.
Select Save to complete the connection.
Configure an export
To configure this export, you must have permission for this connection type.
Go to Data > Exports.
Select Add export.
In the Connection for export field, choose a connection from the Braze section. Contact an administrator if no connection is available.
Enter your REST Endpoint into the Hostname field in the following format:
Enter a name for the export.
In the Data matching section:
- In the Email field, select the field that represents a customer's email address.
- In the Braze customer ID field, select the field that represents the User ID of a record in Braze.
- Mapping the User ID of Braze to the Braze customer ID field in Customer Insights - Data will result in updating existing records in Braze when exporting.
- Mapping a different ID field which does not represent the User ID of a record in Braze, or an empty field will result in creating records in Braze when exporting.
- The segments in Braze will be created with the same name of the segment in Customer Insights - Data.
You can choose more, optional fields for matching data.
Select the tables or segments you want to export.