View activity logs for Microsoft Support access requests (preview)
All activities related to Microsoft Support access requests are included in the Microsoft Entra audit logs. Activities can include requests from users in your tenant or an automated service. This article describes how to view the different types of activity logs.
To access the audit logs for a tenant, you must have one of the following roles:
- Reports Reader
- Security Reader
- Security Administrator
- Global Administrator
How to access the logs
You can access a filtered view of audit logs for your tenant from the Microsoft Support access requests area. Select Audit logs from the side menu to view the audit logs with the category pre-selected.
Browse to Learn & support > Diagnose and solve problems.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Manage pending requests from the Microsoft Support Access Requests section.
Select Audit logs from the side menu.
You can also access these logs from the Microsoft Entra audit logs. Select Core Directory as the service and
MicrosoftSupportAccessManagement as the category.
Types of requests
There are some details associated with support access request audit logs that are helpful to understand. Knowing the difference between the types of request may help when exploring the logs.
Activity logs for Microsoft Support access requests fall into two categories: user-initiated activities, and automated activities.
There are three user-initiated activities that you can see in your audit logs. These are actions requested by administrators of your tenant.
- Approval of a Microsoft Support access request
- Rejection of a Microsoft Support access request
- Manual removal of Microsoft Support access before your support request is closed
There are three activities that can be associated with an automated or system-initiated Microsoft Support access request:
- Creation of a Microsoft Support access request in the support request tenant
- Creation of a Microsoft Support access approval in the resource tenant. This is done automatically after a Microsoft Support access request is approved by a user who is an administrator of both the support request tenant, and the resource tenant
- Removal of Microsoft Support access upon closure of your support request