Tutorial: Microsoft Entra single sign-on (SSO) integration with insuite
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate insuite with Microsoft Entra ID. When you integrate insuite with Microsoft Entra ID, you can:
- Control in Microsoft Entra ID who has access to insuite.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to insuite with their Microsoft Entra accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location.
To learn more about SaaS app integration with Microsoft Entra ID, see What is application access and single sign-on with Microsoft Entra ID.
To get started, you need the following items:
- A Microsoft Entra subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- insuite single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO in a test environment.
- insuite supports SP initiated SSO
- Once you configure insuite you can enforce session control, which protect exfiltration and infiltration of your organization’s sensitive data in real-time. Session control extend from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps.
Adding insuite from the gallery
To configure the integration of insuite into Microsoft Entra ID, you need to add insuite from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a Cloud Application Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type insuite in the search box.
- Select insuite from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Microsoft Entra single sign-on for insuite
Configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with insuite using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between a Microsoft Entra user and the related user in insuite.
To configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with insuite, complete the following building blocks:
- Configure Microsoft Entra SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure insuite SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create insuite test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in insuite that is linked to the Microsoft Entra representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Microsoft Entra SSO
Follow these steps to enable Microsoft Entra SSO.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > insuite > Single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, enter the values for the following fields:
a. In the Sign on URL text box, type a URL using one of the following pattern:
b. In the Identifier (Entity ID) text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
c. In the Reply URL text box, type a URL using one of the following pattern:
These values are not real. Update these values with the actual Sign on URL, Identifier and Reply URL. Contact insuite Client support team to get these values. You can also refer to the patterns shown in the Basic SAML Configuration section.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Certificate (Base64) and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer.
On the Set up insuite section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Create a Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll create a test user called B.Simon.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a User Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Users > All users.
- Select New user > Create new user, at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Display name field, enter
- In the User principal name field, enter the email@example.com. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Select Review + create.
- In the Display name field, enter
- Select Create.
Assign the Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use single sign-on by granting access to insuite.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > insuite.
In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
If you're expecting any role value in the SAML assertion, in the Select Role dialog, select the appropriate role for the user from the list and then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure insuite SSO
To configure single sign-on on insuite side, you need to send the downloaded Certificate (Base64) and appropriate copied URLs from the application configuration to insuite support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create insuite test user
In this section, a user called Britta Simon is created in insuite. insuite supports just-in-time user provisioning, which is enabled by default. There is no action item for you in this section. If a user doesn't already exist in insuite, a new one is created after authentication.
In this section, you test your Microsoft Entra single sign-on configuration using the Access Panel.
When you click the insuite tile in the Access Panel, you should be automatically signed in to the insuite for which you set up SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.