Tutorial: Microsoft Entra single sign-on (SSO) integration with Mobile Locker
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Mobile Locker with Microsoft Entra ID. When you integrate Mobile Locker with Microsoft Entra ID, you can:
- Control in Microsoft Entra ID who has access to Mobile Locker.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Mobile Locker with their Microsoft Entra accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location.
To learn more about SaaS app integration with Microsoft Entra ID, see What is application access and single sign-on with Microsoft Entra ID.
To get started, you need the following items:
- A Microsoft Entra subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- Mobile Locker single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO in a test environment.
- Mobile Locker supports SP and IDP initiated SSO
- Once you configure Mobile Locker you can enforce session control, which protects exfiltration and infiltration of your organization’s sensitive data in real time. Session control extends from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps.
Adding Mobile Locker from the gallery
To configure the integration of Mobile Locker into Microsoft Entra ID, you need to add Mobile Locker from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a Cloud Application Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type Mobile Locker in the search box.
- Select Mobile Locker from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO for Mobile Locker
Configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with Mobile Locker using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between a Microsoft Entra user and the related user in Mobile Locker.
To configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with Mobile Locker, complete the following building blocks:
- Configure Microsoft Entra SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure Mobile Locker SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create Mobile Locker test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in Mobile Locker that is linked to the Microsoft Entra representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Microsoft Entra SSO
Follow these steps to enable Microsoft Entra SSO.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > Mobile Locker > Single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, if you wish to configure the application in IDP initiated mode, enter the values for the following fields:
a. In the Identifier text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
b. In the Reply URL text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
Click Set additional URLs and perform the following step if you wish to configure the application in SP initiated mode:
In the Sign-on URL text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
These values are not real. Update these values with the actual Identifier, Reply URL and Sign-on URL. Contact Mobile Locker Client support team to get these values. You can also refer to the patterns shown in the Basic SAML Configuration section.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Certificate (Base64) and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer.
On the Set up Mobile Locker section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Create a Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll create a test user called B.Simon.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a User Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Users > All users.
- Select New user > Create new user, at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Display name field, enter
- In the User principal name field, enter the firstname.lastname@example.org. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Select Review + create.
- In the Display name field, enter
- Select Create.
Assign the Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use single sign-on by granting access to Mobile Locker.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > Mobile Locker.
In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
If you're expecting any role value in the SAML assertion, in the Select Role dialog, select the appropriate role for the user from the list and then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure Mobile Locker SSO
To configure single sign-on on Mobile Locker side, you need to send the downloaded Certificate (Base64) and appropriate copied URLs from the application configuration to Mobile Locker support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create Mobile Locker test user
In this section, you create a user called B.Simon in Mobile Locker. Work with Mobile Locker support team to add the users in the Mobile Locker platform. Users must be created and activated before you use single sign-on.
In this section, you test your Microsoft Entra single sign-on configuration using the Access Panel.
When you click the Mobile Locker tile in the Access Panel, you should be automatically signed in to the Mobile Locker for which you set up SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.