Tutorial: Microsoft Entra single sign-on (SSO) integration with Supermood
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Supermood with Microsoft Entra ID. When you integrate Supermood with Microsoft Entra ID, you can:
- Control in Microsoft Entra ID who has access to Supermood.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Supermood with their Microsoft Entra accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location.
To learn more about SaaS app integration with Microsoft Entra ID, see What is application access and single sign-on with Microsoft Entra ID.
To get started, you need the following items:
- A Microsoft Entra subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- Supermood single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO in a test environment.
- Supermood supports SP and IDP initiated SSO
- Supermood supports Just In Time user provisioning
Adding Supermood from the gallery
To configure the integration of Supermood into Microsoft Entra ID, you need to add Supermood from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a Cloud Application Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type Supermood in the search box.
- Select Supermood from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Microsoft Entra single sign-on for Supermood
Configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with Supermood using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between a Microsoft Entra user and the related user in Supermood.
To configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with Supermood, complete the following building blocks:
- Configure Microsoft Entra SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure Supermood SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create Supermood test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in Supermood that is linked to the Microsoft Entra representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Microsoft Entra SSO
Follow these steps to enable Microsoft Entra SSO.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > Supermood > Single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, if you wish to configure the application in IDP initiated mode, perform the following steps:
a. Check Set additional URLs.
b. In the Relay State textbox, type a URL:
Click Set additional URLs and perform the following steps if you wish to configure the application in SP initiated mode:
In the Sign-on URL text box, type the URL:
Supermood application expects the SAML assertions in a specific format, which requires you to add custom attribute mappings to your SAML token attributes configuration. The following screenshot shows the list of default attributes.
In addition to above, Supermood application expects few more attributes to be passed back in SAML response which are shown below. These attributes are also pre populated but you can review them as per your requirements.
Name Source Attribute firstName user.givenname lastName user.surname
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, In the SAML Signing Certificate section, click copy button to copy App Federation Metadata Url and save it on your computer.
Create a Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll create a test user called B.Simon.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a User Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Users > All users.
- Select New user > Create new user, at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Display name field, enter
- In the User principal name field, enter the email@example.com. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Select Review + create.
- In the Display name field, enter
- Select Create.
Assign the Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use single sign-on by granting access to Supermood.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > Supermood.
In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
If you're expecting any role value in the SAML assertion, in the Select Role dialog, select the appropriate role for the user from the list and then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure Supermood SSO
Go to your Supermood.co admin panel as Security Administrator.
Click on My account (bottom left) and Single Sign On (SSO).
On Your SAML 2.0 configurations, Click Add an SAML 2.0 configuration for an email domain.
On Add an SAML 2.0 configuration for an email domain. section, perform the following steps:
a. In the email domain for this Identity provider textbox, type your domain.
b. In the Use a metadata URL textbox, paste the App Federation Metadata Url..
c. Click Add.
Create Supermood test user
In this section, a user called Britta Simon is created in Supermood. Supermood supports just-in-time user provisioning, which is enabled by default. There is no action item for you in this section. If a user doesn't already exist in Supermood, a new one is created after authentication. If you need to create a user manually, contact Supermood support team.
In this section, you test your Microsoft Entra single sign-on configuration using the Access Panel.
When you click the Supermood tile in the Access Panel, you should be automatically signed in to the Supermood for which you set up SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.