Tutorial: Microsoft Entra single sign-on (SSO) integration with Teamphoria
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Teamphoria with Microsoft Entra ID. When you integrate Teamphoria with Microsoft Entra ID, you can:
- Control in Microsoft Entra ID who has access to Teamphoria.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Teamphoria with their Microsoft Entra accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location.
To learn more about SaaS app integration with Microsoft Entra ID, see What is application access and single sign-on with Microsoft Entra ID.
To get started, you need the following items:
- A Microsoft Entra subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- Teamphoria single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO in a test environment.
- Teamphoria supports SP initiated SSO
Adding Teamphoria from the gallery
To configure the integration of Teamphoria into Microsoft Entra ID, you need to add Teamphoria from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a Cloud Application Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type Teamphoria in the search box.
- Select Teamphoria from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Microsoft Entra single sign-on for Teamphoria
Configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with Teamphoria using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between a Microsoft Entra user and the related user in Teamphoria.
To configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with Teamphoria, complete the following building blocks:
- Configure Microsoft Entra SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure Teamphoria SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create Teamphoria test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in Teamphoria that is linked to the Microsoft Entra representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Microsoft Entra SSO
Follow these steps to enable Microsoft Entra SSO.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > Teamphoria > Single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, enter the values for the following fields:
In the Sign-on URL text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
The value is not real. Update the value with the actual Sign-On URL. Contact Teamphoria Client support team to get the value. You can also refer to the patterns shown in the Basic SAML Configuration section.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Certificate (Base64) and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer.
On the Set up Teamphoria section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Create a Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll create a test user called B.Simon.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a User Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Users > All users.
- Select New user > Create new user, at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Display name field, enter
- In the User principal name field, enter the firstname.lastname@example.org. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Select Review + create.
- In the Display name field, enter
- Select Create.
Assign the Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use single sign-on by granting access to Teamphoria.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > Teamphoria.
In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
If you're expecting any role value in the SAML assertion, in the Select Role dialog, select the appropriate role for the user from the list and then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure Teamphoria SSO
In a different web browser window, sign in to your Teamphoria company site as an administrator
Go to ADMIN SETTINGS option in the left toolbar and under the Configure Tab click on SINGLE SIGN-ON to open the SSO configuration window.
Click on ADD NEW IDENTITY PROVIDER option in the top right corner to open the form for adding the settings for SSO.
Enter the details in the fields as described below-
a. DISPLAY NAME: Enter the display name of the plugin on the admin page.
b. BUTTON NAME: The name of the tab that will display on the login page for logging in via SSO.
c. CERTIFICATE: Open the Certificate downloaded earlier in notepad, copy the contents of the same and paste it here in the box.
d. ENTRY POINT: Paste the Login URL copied earlier.
e. Switch the option to ON and click on SAVE.
Create Teamphoria test user
In order to enable Microsoft Entra users to sign in to Teamphoria, they must be provisioned into Teamphoria. In the case of Teamphoria, provisioning is a manual task.
To provision a user account, perform the following steps:
Sign in to your Teamphoria company site as an administrator.
Click on ADMIN settings on the left toolbar and under the MANAGE tab Click on USERS to open the admin page for users.
Click on the MANUAL INVITE option.
On this page, perform following action.
a. In the EMAIL ADDRESS textbox, enter the email address of the user like B.Simon.
b. In the FIRST NAME textbox, enter the first name of the user like B.
c. In the LAST NAME textbox, enter the last name of the user like Simon.
d. Click INVITE 1 USER. User needs to accept the invite to get created in the system.
In this section, you test your Microsoft Entra single sign-on configuration using the Access Panel.
When you click the Teamphoria tile in the Access Panel, you should be automatically signed in to the Teamphoria for which you set up SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.