Use audit logs to track and monitor events in Microsoft Intune
Audit logs include a record of activities that generate a change in Microsoft Intune. Create, update (edit), delete, assign, and remote actions all create audit events that administrators can review for most Intune workloads. By default, auditing is enabled for all customers. It can't be disabled.
Audit events started recording on the December 2017 feature release. Prior events aren't available.
Who can access the data?
Users with the following permissions can review audit logs:
- Global Administrator
- Intune Service Administrator
- Administrators assigned to an Intune role with Audit data - Read permissions
Audit logs for Intune workloads
You can review audit logs in the monitoring group for each Intune workload:
- Sign in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
- Select Tenant administration > Audit logs.
- To filter the results, select Filter and refine the results using the following options.
- Category: such as Compliance, Device, and Role.
- Activity: the options listed here are restricted by the option chosen under Category.
- Date range: you can choose logs for the previous month, week, or day.
- Select Apply.
- Select an item in the list to see the activity details.
For related information about audit logs, see Additional information.
Route logs to Azure Monitor
Audit logs and operational logs can also be routed to Azure Monitor. In Tenant administration > Audit logs, select Export:
For more information about this feature, and to review the prerequisites to use it, see send log data to storage, event hubs, or log analytics.
Initiated by (actor) includes information on who ran the task, and where it was run.
For example, if you run the activity in Intune in the Azure portal, then Application always lists Microsoft Intune portal extension, and the Application ID always uses the same GUID.
The Target(s) section lists multiple targets and the properties that were changed.
Use Graph API to retrieve audit events
For details on using the graph API to get up to one year of audit events, see List auditEvents.
Submit and view feedback for