Create organizational messages
Applies to Windows 11
This feature is in public preview. For more information, see Public preview in Microsoft Intune.
Create, edit, and monitor organizational messages in the Microsoft Intune admin center. You can send important messages and call-to-actions to employees on Windows 11 devices managed by Microsoft Intune.
This article describes how to create the following types of organizational messages:
- Taskbar messages
- Notification area messages
- Get Started app messages
Before you create a message
Complete these steps before creating a message.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Intune admin center.
- Go to Tenant administration > Organizational messages (preview).
- Spend some time in the Overview tab to learn about messaging options and prerequisites.
For more information about the steps you need to take before you create a message, see Prerequisites.
Step 1: Create a message
Create and configure a message for the taskbar area.
- Go to the Message tab and select Create.
- For Message type, select Taskbar.
- For Message theme, select Mandatory update. This type of message prompts employees to install a mandatory update.
- Select OK.
- On the Message page, select Add a logo, and then choose an image file. For requirements, see Logo requirements.
- (Optional) Provide a link for the message: To include a URL link in your message:
- Enter your custom URL. Example:
- Select the full generated link to make sure it works.
- Enter your custom URL. Example:
- Choose language to preview: Select a language to preview the localized version of your message. The message is shown to employees in the display language they've selected on their device. Organizational messages are supported in 15 languages. If the employee's preferred language isn't supported, the message will appear in their preferred fallback language.
- Preview the message in dark theme: Turn on the toggle to view how your message appears in dark theme. Check to make sure your logo shows up correctly in both light and dark theme.
- Select Next: Schedule to continue to scheduling options.
Step 2: Schedule a message
On the Schedule page, schedule the delivery of your message.
Configure the delivery time window. Your options:
- First day to show message: Select when to first show the message. To ensure that delivery begins when you want it to, configure this setting 24 hours before you want the message to appear.
- Last day to show message: Select the last day to show the message. This date must be at least 7 days after the start date.
Select Next: Assignments to continue to assignment options.
Step 3: Assign message
Assign the message to Azure AD-registered users in your organization. You can only assign messages to Azure AD user groups, not Azure AD device groups. If a group includes both users and devices, Intune will only send the message to the users.
- To include groups in the assignment, you have two options:
- Add groups: Select this option to individually choose from a list of Azure AD groups.
- Include all users: Select the option to assign the message to all Azure AD-registered users.
- If needed, exclude Azure AD groups from the assignment. Under Exclude, select Add groups and choose the Azure AD groups to leave out.
- Select Next: Review + Create to review and finalize your message.
Step 4: Review and create message
Review your message, scheduling details, and assignments before creating your message. When you're ready to send the message, select Create.
Return to Organizational messages (preview) and select the Message tab to view and edit your new message.
- Monitor and track the status and user engagement details for scheduled organizational messages. For more information, see View reporting details for organizational messages.
- Cancel an organizational message that's no longer needed.
- For frequently asked questions, known issues, and limitations, see Overview of organizational messages.
Submit and view feedback for